DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

I hope the Bluecoats win because I want the members to yell "WHEE!!!" every time they slide or run up/down one of those half pipes.

Best use of trombones this season starts with the backfield playing during Great Gig in the Sky.

Then you have this AMAZING flugel soloist, who nails this solo with style and technique EVERY TIME!

I used to be BD homer - loved their music, their style. But after 2004 I just had a really difficult time getting into the style of music. I have moments from their shows since that I do like, but just can't seem to find a show that grabs me. I try to like them. Not a knock on the kids, just the show design.

Honestly I'd be lying if I said I understood everything in BD's show. And yet, they have my favorite show this year because their music book is the most exciting in DCI this year (in my opinion).

I love BD for their musical style, not for their visual.

• Like 2

The staging that happens here is also incredible.

Crowd is going nuts after the last soloist hits his high note in the jam session.

And, as soon as I say something about the flugel soloist, he has a problem, either playing wise or with the mic.

GO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Regarding BD guard, the girls in the ankle length aqua dresses; were their hair flips and rotations together? The last time I saw them on TV from Allentown the hair coordination was off by at least a beat from several of the girls.

I'm wondering how they fixed that.

And yes, BD staff knows what is going on, and I feel SURE they fixed it. :cool:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Percussion is having a great night, however.

• Like 1

Crowd is going nuts after the last soloist hits his high note in the jam session.

And, as soon as I say something about the flugel soloist, he has a problem, either playing wise or with the mic.

Seemed like playing, he flubbed a little and then just stopped. Unfortunate for tonight.