DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

BD: I haven't heard the ballad mello solo work yet as they turn her around. Wireless technology may be failing here. Time for a different staging? That ballad is too stunning to continually have that shaky audio.

Yes! This.

Crown, please bring back your old ending. Give me revenge, not mercy. :)

Ah, what you don't realize is that, trying to defeat BD, Crown has sneaked in their own Shakespeare reference by changing the ending:

The quality of mercy is not strained;

It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven

Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest;

It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:

‘T is mightiest in the mightiest; it becomes

The throned monarch better than his crown.

• Like 2

Bluecoats: Attitude, elan, swagger, joy. So infectious. Maybe the loosest bunch.of performers in many years.

Liked just for using "elan".

• Like 1

The Academy.

13891910_10207871471279609_3351255445259

This is an absolutely beautiful shot. Love It! Thanks for posting.

• Like 4

i want a recap. i've heard rumors of goofiness

Such as? (Understanding that you did say "rumors," of course.)

Edited by HornTeacher

This is an absolutely beautiful shot. Love It! Thanks for posting.

just so Phantomesque IMO...

love the crown ending, and the hallelujah quote

i still feel like the ballad should be bigger with the "minor fall to the major lift" part in the middle of the show. it would make sense with that ending a little more.

church was one of the few places people in the west could hear music, and god being the ultimate judge instead of man is implicit in there.

/broken record

I guess after tonight I'm just ###### at how easy it is for kids to sit there and:

- Laugh at seemingly everything.

- Act like every flag/rifle drop is terrible, it means their guard sucks, and they are worthless.

- Point out every time a brass player fracks a note or is a little out of tune to say how terrible it was.

- Talk about how stupid a corps show is and how much they hated them last year, and how much they hope they get beat by, and laugh after the set of scores gets announced. This was a corps in the 10 - 15 grouping.

- VERY loudly say how much they hate another corps and that they never deserve how much they win (you can guess who).

- ##### and moan about scores and how there is no way X corps deserves to be where they are.

All I can think when I hear all those comments is how dare they talk so much crap on something they will probably never do and probably can't do.

Yeah, they just have no idea. Maybe I don't either, though. But I think the very best high school marching bands--which I doubt these kids are in, anyway--would be scoring about 70 in DCI (if they weren't penalized for having woodwinds or being under time--although the best bands often exceed 10 minutes).

When I encounter such ignorance in a situation where I feel comfortable responding, I just try to ask some friendly questions to gently guide people to a little more understanding.

• Like 1