DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

If you have Android, press and hold on the picture and hit save image.

iPhone :-( When I press and hold, it just wants to quote that post.

Plus, so much of the good work they are doing in brass and music ensemble was wasted last night due to (continued) overuse of synth, particularly on the low end. It's been that way live all summer, and it was absolutely horrid last night in the theater. They were by no means the only ones guilty of this (I'm looking at you, Madison Scouts and Boston Crusaders), but you'd think after several years of it they'd figure it out. You know who didn't have synth/sub issues? Cavies, SCV, Crown, Devils, or Bluecoats.

"in the theater" because it depends on where the corps set up there speakers in relation to where the DCI microphones are placed. Last night, live, Cadet's synth was less obtrusive than it was 1 week ago (live) at Chester, and less obtrusive than that of Devils, Cavies or SCV, which were quite overbearing.

Granted, I still found Cadet's synth to be too much for my tastes.

Edited by Eleran

I can't be the only one who can't read anything on that except the ordinals, right? Even when I zoom in on a computer lol

Thanks for the recap corpsband!

• Like 1

Was there in personon the fifty

Devils were great but dirtier than normal especially in guard

After seeing all them live I had them in second

I don't think anyone is beating coats this year

Last night I would have had them a point ahead

Glad to see that I'm not the only one seeing the dirt in BD's guard. This group doesn't seem to be up to par with their past guards. I don't notice them as much this year.

• Like 2

Thanks corpsband!

One thing that stood out for me: Phantom 4th in guard, Cadets 7th. I wouldn't have predicted that going in.

Woah how did I not notice that?! Way to go Phantomettes!

• Like 2

See, this is what is absolutely awful with the "no full recaps" garbage from DCI. We have no clue: there is zero accountability to judges, the system, etc. It's horrible and doesn't seem to stop any sort of real perceived "slotting" as was a major argument for passage. All it's done has caused mild confusion at best, and maybe annoyance and bitter disappointment at worst.

Same here, I complained directly to Dan Acheson last year after a the judging panel was announced for finals - how to you select a judge who is a paid adviser and his Facebook page is smothered with BLUE DEVILS postings and pictures? So, the answer is now is to not let anyone know how improper such an assignment is/was.

I have been in and around for 40 years, I love the activity and love the innovations, but it still lacks accountability, is emotionally draining and not really worth the investment of time and resources as the the playing field still does not even have the appearance of being fare.

I understand more and more why the Star of Indiana left for more fulfilling pastures - don't even try to comment on this part, I was with Bill Cook at his hotel in Jackson after 1993 finals, I know exactly who was in that suite...