DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Next on the field is the Colt Cadets from Dubuque, Iowa. Their 2016 program is entitled "Journey Within". No rep information given on Corpsreps.com.

These uniforms look awesome from up top, by the way.

I know nothing about these shows and haven't kept up all season, and I'm too cheap to buy a program, so I'm just going to react to the things I see.

Les Stentors (sp?) : we've got Sherlock mystery on our hands. The game is afoot! Let's see how they do...

Trumpets were definitely the strongest section, though it probably helped that they were the largest. The closer was probably what that they put most of their time towards. Very young corps that put out some decent sounds, albeit with some pitch issues throughout. It was not boring, though quite fuzzy at times.

Quick note about Colt Cadets: Love that they're doing an on-field ends one warmup! Warms my heart. Sounding nice and warm.

The corps opens in 6 pods on the field, some brass, some percussion, all with guard members.

Pit opens the show as the corps moves into a large open box formation.

Horns come in on what I believe is Path Between the Mountains. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nice form rotation, horns!

Guard uniforms are a striking purple, with purple and yellow flags to complement them in the opener.

Horns turn backfield as the percussion performs a feature.

Horns now marching half time diagonally across the field, restating the main theme. Once they hit center, they start doing some kaleidoscope drill before collapsing into a tight block to finish, right up front.

Judges

Ge1: Michael Gray

Ge1: Mickey Kelly

Ge2: Mark Waymire

Ge2: Glenn Fugett

Vp: Juno Orefice

Va: Ken Giese

Cg: Michael Lentz

Brs: Ronnie Rios

Ma: Randy Greenwell

Perc: Todd Fox

Perc: Jeff Prosperie

I hope that doesn't mean the dude from SA is out there this week

Tempo picks up into a fast waltz feel. Pit again intros the music. Six guard up front on rifle before the drums push forward.