DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Does anyone else feel as I do that lack of excitement is generally more applicable to lower-placing World Class corps than to higher-placing Open Class corps, and if so, what causes that? Is it that in trying to design a show that's difficult enough, corps lose sight of the aim of designing a show that's also interesting?

This certainly sounds plausible. I agree too, the top OC corps were very entertaining, while the bottom WC corps, not so much.

From my POV it looks like SOA ran over their 5 minute set up time.

And there's our first major penalty of the day. Edited by Cadevilina Crown

That squeal at the top of Spirit's show still sounds like the trumpet player screwing up, which is not what's happening. I do not understand why they left that there.

Great run PC! Cleanest music and visual of the year. Nice body movement additions.

• Like 2

From my POV it looks like SOA ran over their 5 minute set up time.

I hit a button doing something on my computer as we got the "welcome to the field" announcement. They were at about 4:20 on the timer when the "proud to present" announcement went.

Edit to add: of course those are the announcer and not the official timer. So it may be close.

Edited by KVG_DC

Guys, I had to step away as my company contacted me with a client issue. I don't know what my plan is at this point, but I'll let you know once I do.

Real jobs its such a bummer!! I am just hoping I can get away from this desk in time to get to the theater.

Does anyone else feel as I do that lack of excitement is generally more applicable to lower-placing World Class corps than to higher-placing Open Class corps, and if so, what causes that? Is it that in trying to design a show that's difficult enough, corps lose sight of the aim of designing a show that's also interesting?

I definitely feel that way.

Surf went just a few corps ago and I cannot remember a single thing or defining moment about their show.

Meanwhile:

Blue Devils B had an amazing drum feature with some really cool drill and flag stuff going on backfield.

Vanguard Cadets ballad climax was stunning and their closer is still stuck in my head.

Legends light moment. Nough said.

Genesis mistress blood bath in their closer. Omg.

And I could keep going down the list to Shadows cool elasticity band still moment.

Anyone have a photo of Pacific Crest that shows the podium? I saw an FB post that looks like there's a Dr beat or 3 on there.

Does INT get three scores tonight? Maybe that's why they're waiting. Do you count INT's high score or average score? So many decisions!!!

I think INT is going to get just enough to appear in both semi's and finals.

While coachman failed to show up again. or even leave the hotel.

• Like 1