DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

I don't see why their mission would change. Same kids. Same philosophy and approach. But they should be competing against their peers (which are clearly not in Open).

No doubt there has been considerable discussion of this within BD and DCI. Not really sure what I think about it. But if you're marching for BDB and they are a World Class corps, I'd want to know we had the same odds and opportunities of winning a title as BDA. Otherwise, what's the point?

If they do go World Class, why not change the name to something unique and make them their own entity within the same organization?

There are kids who age out with OC corps and choose not do do the whole tour thing.

Right. And some of them may want that SVC or BD experience within that framework. Having these "feeder/development" corps stay in Open class allows for that option.

What is currently playing on the feed? So familiar..

We are getting safety instructions in LOS.

I feel better now.

I don't see why their mission would change. Same kids. Same philosophy and approach. But they should be competing against their peers (which are clearly not in Open).

If more of the big boys played....as I stated earlier...they could have their own class. Imagine 5 or 6 really good "B"/Cadet corps competing against each other. Id go see that.

No doubt there has been considerable discussion of this within BD and DCI. Not really sure what I think about it. But if you're marching for BDB and they are a World Class corps, I'd want to know we had the same odds and opportunities of winning a title as BDA. Otherwise, what's the point?

If they do go World Class, why not change the name to something unique and make them their own entity within the same organization?

Well the point is that (like Pioneer) their approach to World Class would be different than some other corps. I'm fine with that. If the only point to marching a corps is winning a title, then wouldn't you agree that most World Class corps have utterly failed?

Edited by corpsband

Right. And some of them may want that SVC or BD experience within that framework. Having these "feeder/development" corps stay in Open class allows for that option.

Don't see why you can't have a very limited tour in World Class. It's been done by others.

• Like 1

For having a limited schedule, the top open corps sure as heck clean up well at the end of the season and experience huge score increases - vs. all the lower tier WC corps who stall or barely move up. Those open corps just pass them like they are standing still. This puzzles me still - how it is possible to raise the level of their shows SO much in the final few weeks when their WC counterparts are unable to do so.

Got to be the teaching. That's all it could be.

Edited by luv4corps

I enjoyed Crest,s Transcontinental RR theme and some nice Doppler horn effects.

• Like 2