DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

Well, the title does mean that, I'm pretty sure. He probably just messed up the pronunciation of "Nacht"

We established yesterday that non-English languages are not a strong point for him. ;)

Colts are impressing me more than they have all season. Perfect time for it.

• Like 2

Financially it is very difficult for the bigger OC to do big tours. They get about 1/10th the event fees that the WC corps get for WC shows, and they get no payout for OC shows. They have to make their own food arrangements (DCI delivers subsidized food to WC corps), and their financial backing is limited because it's harder for them to draw donors because they are OC. For bigger, nationally touring OC corps it would really help them to be able to move up. They would be much more financially sound. But the existing WC corps have to vote to let it happen, and that isn't happening in recent years (and yes there OC corps who have asked and been told no).

(Edited because I am terrible at typing with one finger)

It is my opinion, as someone who's worked with many an arts organization, that you shouldn't need to rely on tickets sold or show payouts to fund your season. That should be saved and considered into next years budget. Or used during the season as contingency money. I understand they have more mouths to feed, but OC is designed to be a limited touring entity. If they want to tour that's great, but we've seen so many move up and flame out quickly that I'm not certain its for the best to promote anyone up until they can prove they don't actually need to move up.

The Colts' light boxes read much better down low. Pretty!!!

(139 row 10)

• Like 1

Little colored lights in the boxes. Finally seeing the shadow figures as they do the star.

the colts have always been a strong corps, no lie there.

The Colts' light boxes read much better down low. Pretty!!!

(139 row 10)

there's so much light in the stadium, its really tough to do those sort of things well. Legends worked because you can see the source. These use diffusion to spread it out evenly. So it cuts the output down immensely.