DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

Colts have a beautiful show musically, but I can see how they are sitting in 16th. The boxes readability isn't what I have an issue with, it's the moving of them and space they take up that's an issue for me. I feel like if the effort and energy expended into those was used else where, they could have scored higher. Obviously strong drill writer with a serious task writing around those things. Percussion, ESPECIALLY next to Blue Devils B as well, they're strong, but when corps are close in other captions, all it takes is one thing for a corps to place above you.

BDB was 12th in on field percussion and in Visual Analysis yesterday.

That's one point of view, and your experience has no doubt served you well. One other point of view is that some of these OC corps have no intention of staying is OC forever. DCI needs to find a way to allow these corps a chance when they think they are ready, without having to beat BDB (and make finals) to prove that they can hold their own with WC. They shouldn't have to beat 1/2 of WC to prove that they have what it takes to join the old boys club.

I'm not sure placement is that big a factor in applying to move up. Ability to commit to a full tour and draw some ticket buyers means more.

Mike

• Like 1

You think THAT is bad? Here's a video of my Marching Band (he said MARCHING BAND on a Drum Corps website! Crucify Him!) at our last competition from last year. We had a Spanish Themed show, and the announcer was the worst thing ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbVR3ieowGM

(and if you'd like to you could watch the entire thing to make me happy)

Heh. Announcers have it rough. My senior year in high school we had an announcer totally butcher one of our DMs names. She responded to the "is your band ready?" By snapping around and hollering, "It's pronounced _____!" Then back to ready as the head DM started us off. It was hilarious.

BDB's Pearl drums sound SO MUCH better than the A corps POS System Blue drums.

• Like 1

WHY IS LOGGING INTO DCI LIVE SO HARD? This is stupid!