DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

That's one point of view, and your experience has no doubt served you well. One other point of view is that some of these OC corps have no intention of staying is OC forever. DCI needs to find a way to allow these corps a chance when they think they are ready, without having to beat BDB (and make finals) to prove that they can hold their own with WC. They shouldn't have to beat 1/2 of WC to prove that they have what it takes to join the old boys club.

and they shouldn't. they should continue to grow and grow. i just wouldn't want them to grow faster than what we've seen happen to some like Tarheel Sun, or Magic of Orlando.

Heh. Announcers have it rough. My senior year in high school we had an announcer totally butcher one of our DMs names. She responded to the "is your band ready?" By snapping around and hollering, "It's pronounced _____!" Then back to ready as the head DM started us off. It was hilarious.

I can only imagine the possibilities if the substitute teacher from Key & Peele were an announcer at a competition... :silly:

BDB's Pearl drums sound SO MUCH better than the A corps POS System Blue drums.

i don't know much about battery, but i agree. sound seems crisper.

• Like 2

Heh. Announcers have it rough. My senior year in high school we had an announcer totally butcher one of our DMs names. She responded to the "is your band ready?" By snapping around and hollering, "It's pronounced _____!" Then back to ready as the head DM started us off. It was hilarious.

I wouldn't be able to play the show because I would be laughing so much if that happened to my band. But literally every other announcer got it correct. How hard is it to say, "La Suerte De los Tontos"?!

I cringe whenever I hear him say, "My SpanEESH Heart"

BDB is sitting with me like BDA, not very interesting or captivating.

Does anyone else find it really interesting that BDB is playing a piece by a Russian composer during the space race section?

Guard unis are totally Sputnik. I'm fairly sure it's intentional

• Like 1