DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

Except... they aren't changing position. They are close, but the judges seem to feel that they are slotted as a specific 1, 2 and 3.[/quote

Good point

Yes. This.

1993 Star, arguably cleaner than Cadets but still came in 2nd.

Some will argue that the differences in cleanliness (between CC, BD, and Bloo & the 93 outcome) are too minute to matter.

I said the same thing last year. Do. Not. Make the same incredibly stupid mistake I made. Please.

Unfortunately it's just not an option for me. I have a lot of reasons why, and they may be difficult to understand since some of them are cultural.

There's NO way that Bluecoats do not win Finals. Their GE is just too flipping out there. It's an unleashed show...countering all the conventional boundaries of drum corps. They are playing on a different level than everyone else. And that is saying something, because the Blue Devils show is excellent and so is Crown's. Bluecoats have everything ... it's like a playground, a wild fiesta, an fast air plane ride, and a space ship ride all in one.

I now wonder if the electronics issue may help Bluecoats tomorrow. That was one heck of a freak out situation they had, and they handled it like pros. Judges seem convinced Coats are the Gold medalist now, it's just time for all the finalists to have their best run of the season.

There are some legendary shows on the field tomorrow, regardless of the point spreads. Amazing thing to watch.

Edited by MikeRapp

When all is said and done- it's WAY subjective. These numbers are basically a tie with the top 3

Not really. The scores have been close, but Coats has beaten BD and Crown the vast majority of the times they've seen each other.

Name the last group to win a championship who DIDN't use a prop on the field

The Cadets of Bedrock?

I'm going to say it - I don't think the Bluecoats show is clean enough to be winning. They're amazing, full of GE, but their feet are dirty and the lack of electronics exposed some things musically that make me question what they're doing with the electronics. Fell free to flame me, but I think BD and Crown are on another level in terms of cleanliness.

For once this guy is right.