DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

In my opinion, it does. It requires more movement. That's why they couldn't really use coats, and they transitioned to WGI jammies. They allowed to corps to be more "acrobatic"

Maybe running up ramps should be an Olympic event then...

• Like 1

Have you been following scores this year? When they've been at the same show the order has been Coats, Devils, Crown almost every time. No reason to think the same won't happen tomorrow night.

Like last year, you mean?

I think Crown or BD should have won tonight. Based off of our location in the stands they had a better balance and blend and looked better visually. I had cadets over cavies and not surprised with stars behind. As much of a Homer I am they had several obvious mental ticks tonight. Hopefully they don't happen tomorrow and they can make a move.

• Like 1

Yeah, aside from effects in Bloo's opening clapping section there were no issues live. You guys in this thread make it sound like their transformer exploded and they performed with no lights or amps.

Edited by defeldus2

I'm going to say it - I don't think the Bluecoats show is clean enough to be winning. They're amazing, full of GE, but their feet are dirty and the lack of electronics exposed some things musically that make me question what they're doing with the electronics. Fell free to flame me, but I think BD and Crown are on another level in terms of cleanliness.

Um, no. I have no idea what you're watching or insinuating but Bloo is incredibly good at visual ex, and everything else. Maybe they're not quite BD at visual ex, but they are not dirty. You sound like you're ready to call them cheaters. I'd be careful if I were you. Perhaps I'll just infer from your comments that you lack and eye and an ear for excellence. The accusations can work both ways. Sigh...

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 1

Finalist corps, in order of appearance:

Boston Crusaders

Academy

Crossmen

Blue Stars

Phantom Regiment

Blue Knights

Cadets

Cavaliers

Santa Clara Vanguard

Carolina Crown

Blue Devils

Bluecoats

A lot of people were wrong when they said Academy's show would not finish in 12th place. Pre- or even early season, how many of you picked that show for 11th?

Congratulations, ACADEMY!

• Like 1

Yeah, aside from effects in Bloo's opening clapping section there were no issues live. You guys in this thread make it sound like their transformer exploded and they performed with no lights or amps.

That's weird. There were a few moments that sounded completely silent tonight on the live feed.

I'm going to say it - I don't think the Bluecoats show is clean enough to be winning. They're amazing, full of GE, but their feet are dirty and the lack of electronics exposed some things musically that make me question what they're doing with the electronics. Fell free to flame me, but I think BD and Crown are on another level in terms of cleanliness.