DCI World Championships Semifinals - 8/1215

Yeah, aside from effects in Bloo's opening clapping section there were no issues live. You guys in this thread make it sound like their transformer exploded and they performed with no lights or amps.

This is so wrong it's not funny. There were entire electronic segments GONE, as in completely missing from the show. Maybe you just haven't seen them enough to really realize it. A friend of mine who works with Bluecoats said they had an entire electronics/effects meltdown. Some select mics were functional but nothing beyond that. Didn't you see the guy running to the right of the field back to the middle trying to get everything in working order? It went on the entire show. There was so much missing from tonight it was nearly unwatchable, including the build to the end, and the final sound effect of sliding down the ramps on the last note of the show.

I felt terrible for those guys, I'm just so glad they still pulled through. I felt like the brass really ramped it up in response.

Edited by IMcomguy
  • Like 4

Last year BD, Crown and Cadets traded victories at regionals and TOC shows all season. Not the case this year. It's been the same top three at almost every show sans one or two.

Crown beat BD at SAT and a few TOC shows, I believe. But otherwise it's been "Bloo, BD, Crown."

Watch out tomorrow. Especially if BD wins. LOL.

I can't help but feel BD has one last small addition... Same with SCV and BK

I'm going to say it - I don't think the Bluecoats show is clean enough to be winning. They're amazing, full of GE, but their feet are dirty and the lack of electronics exposed some things musically that make me question what they're doing with the electronics. Fell free to flame me, but I think BD and Crown are on another level in terms of cleanliness.

Disagree on this with you. They are as clean, if not cleaner than BD - the Bieber number exposes them way too much with the horn line trying to dance. Way too dirty. The rest of their show is spot on, but that drags them down. Crown is cleaner, but not so much that it buries Bluecoats. Being a judge and writer, you are cueing in on Bluecoats and not watching the other as closely.

• Like 2

We can agree to disagree.

Disagree on this with you. They are as clean, if not cleaner than BD - the Bieber number exposes them way too much with the horn line trying to dance. Way too dirty. The rest of their show is spot on, but that drags them down. Crown is cleaner, but not so much that it buries Bluecoats. Being a judge and writer, you are cueing in on Bluecoats and not watching the other as closely.

• Like 1

This is so wrong it's not funny. There were entire electronic segments GONE, as in completely missing from the show. Maybe you just haven't seen them enough to really realize it. A friend of mine who works with Bluecoats said they had an entire electronics/effects meltdown. Some select mics were functional but nothing beyond that. Didn't you see the guy running to the right of the field back to the middle trying to get everything in working order? It went on the entire show. There was so much missing from tonight it was nearly unwatchable. I felt terrible for those guys.

Wow. They MUST fix that ASAP.

This is so wrong it's not funny. There were entire electronic segments GONE, as in completely missing from the show. Maybe you just haven't seen them enough to really realize it. A friend of mine who works with Bluecoats said they had an entire electronics/effects meltdown. Some select mics were functional but nothing beyond that. Didn't you see the guy running to the right of the field back to the middle trying to get everything in working order? It went on the entire show. There was so much missing from tonight it was nearly unwatchable, including the build to the end, and the final sound effect of sliding down the ramps on the last note of the show.

I felt terrible for those guys, I'm just so glad they still pulled through. I felt like the brass really ramped it up in response.

You must be disagreeing with all the judging panels all season.

That's odd, I thought BD won visual over Bloo?

I think what they were saying is that the clapping section live was fine, aside from the effects issues. Proper grammar will always provide the best possible communication

• Like 1