2016 DCI World Championship Finals - 8/13/2016

I think they meant BD.

Was I alone in thinking Crown was going to be second? It would've been the first time since 2006 (I think) they got lower than second

Has a corps ever won three captions and finished third? Tells you how overwhelming the Bluecoats creative concept and execution was.

When it was first established, it was the Top 7. But since then, it has allowed other corps to play at those shows from time to time. With BK landing two straight Top 7 finishes, I hope they make an appeal to DCI so that they can officially become a TOC staple.

I believe I heard that the TOC concept was negotiated to have 6 Corps now, with the 7th corps to be one of the remaining 6th to 12th place finishing Corps from the previous year.... AND the 7th Corps selected would be one that their tour schedule that season took them into close proximity to where that TOC show would be held on that nite.

Edited by BRASSO

My question, too!

I have never been able to discern any rhyme or reason behind GE scoring. It's far too vague and imprecise to be so important in determining the outcome, imo.

I believe I heard that the TOC concept was negotiated to have 6 Corps now, with the 7th corps to be one of the remaining 6th to 12th place finishing Corps from the previous year.... AND the 7th Corps selected would be one that their tour schedule that season took them into close proximity to where that TOC show would be held on that nite.

Still think it should be only open to corps that have won the world class championship. Bloo now included and Madison should be in there as well.

???? Maybe some context might help, Since in 2014 Crown was 4th, which is lower than second.

They won three captions (Colorguard, Brass, Visual) and came out third. BD didn't win a single caption. But that's an averaged score over the three days in Indy. If the captions had been based in finals night, BD would've won Guard and Visual. I was confused as to why Crown didn't win second because I forgot about the caption judging.