2016 DCI World Championship Finals - 8/13/2016

Yep. I hope they officially join the TOC next year so that they can get used to playing with the big boys.

TOC is top 7 or 8?

Not sure I like the "average of three nights" thing for caption awards... I think it can lead to some confusion and/or frustration... but hey, I don't make the rules. LOL.

• Like 2

So happy for Bloo. Well done and well deserved. But man did Crowns percussion cost them dearly. That's a huge spread in that caption.

Not sure I like the "average of three nights" thing for caption awards... I think it can lead to some confusion and/or frustration... but hey, I don't make the rules. LOL.

Prevents one guy from handing a caption trophy to someone. For example, Guard tonight vs. the past two nights were VERY different stories (and that's if you totally ignore the performances).

periscope might have 2 streams of Bluecoats victory run, 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs, on now

Great show for Bluecoats tonight. I would chalk this up as the second best show of all time for them.

Edited by D41145

GE is such an important caption in today's DCI revised scoring sheets that it now dwarfs all other captions.

Bluecoats had the best adult created show design this season, the MM performed it well enough to win Quarters, Semi's, Finals.

SCV keeps winning Percussion every year, or every other year, but never medals anymore. Crown wins Brass most years, but has no more Championships than do the Bluecoats

Cadets has lots of marcher talent this season, but because of their subpar show design ( compared to those in their pecking order ) they received their lowest placement and score in decades. Cadets were in 1st place last midseason when they inexplicably decided to ditch their 80+ plus Corps colors. Maybe its a coincidence, but nonetheless, there is no denying that once the Cadets ditched those Holy Name Colors for the black the Corps went from 1st place and contenders to now 6th place in a flash, and now tonite are much, much closer to the Blue Stars in scores now than to the Blue Devils..

Academy... please... do not became an esoteric, weird like Corps next seaaon... which frequently becomes the norm once Corps attempt to climb up the placement ladder in DCI. Keep being fan friendly next year too... please. We fans need many more shows like yours, imo

Boston.. take what you learned from this year, and use it as a cornerstone to build a better mousetrap next year.

BK...you rose up the ranks of DCI the last 2 seasons when you dropped the dark unis, dark music, etc... and came out with bright new uniforms, with bright themes, bright music and and optimistic ethos. Then for some strange reason you decided to go really went weird on both many fans and the judges alike, and you got little to show for that " change " up this season. Please... don't throw overboard what has been working for you the last 2 seasons. Become fan friendly again. Nothing noble to not move up in placemenrs or scores by going with weird and or depressing themes.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5