2016 DCI World Championship Finals - 8/13/2016

Whoever ends up winning tonight, please no tin foil hats.

Whichever corps wins deserves the win.

I think that may be to big of an order for people to be okay. Bloo, BD, or Crown victory and there will be people flipping shiz.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks that Academy might move up to 10th?

No....it's within reach, but totally in X-men's hands, as they follow Academy.

• Like 2

No....it's within reach, but totally in X-men's hands, as they follow Academy.

I like Xmen, but I do hope Academy takes the 10th spot. It would be nice for a first timer to reach that high into finals. It's good for the fans!

I believe so. I'm pretty sure they have a pre-recorded intro.

It seemed like they played part of the pre-recorded intro.

That's like having Fran Haring say "....... from Hawthorne, New Jersey......." and then nothing. NEVER mail it in, Fran......a DCA corps is not on the field until YOU say their name. As much as I like Brandt Crocker, hearing him introduce The Govenaires just didn't sound right..... is it even LEGAL???

First -- Congrats to all the Finalists for all your hard work this season paying off with this last show tonight. No matter what the final tally is, well done!!!

To those MMs in the stands tonight -- THANK YOU for a fantastic season filled with great music, visuals, and athleticism. I find it sad many of my favorite 2016 shows we'll never see performed live again. Be proud in your accomplishments.

I guess we need to add a new tombstone to Academy's cemetery -- "DCI 2016 Season".

• Like 5

I read somewhere here (Too Many Amps thread?) a recent rule allows corps a 5 minute grace period to fix electronic issues, especially since now lots of stuff are run by laptops/tablets which may need rebooting.

If so, it shows how badly DCI wants to promote singing, talking, sound effects, and saving soloists lungs. I thoroughly enjoyed Bluecoats last night..... I still don't know if anything was missing.

• Like 1

I guess we need to add a new tombstone to Academy's cemetery -- "DCI 2016 Season".

I don't want it to end! :cry:

• Like 1

First -- Congrats to all the Finalists for all your hard work this season paying off with this last show tonight. No matter what the final tally is, well done!!!

To those MMs in the stands tonight -- THANK YOU for a fantastic season filled with great music, visuals, and athleticism. I find it sad many of my favorite 2016 shows we'll never see performed live again. Be proud in your accomplishments.

Wholeheartedly agree with number 1

I hope for everyone's sake that you are wrong on number 2 (as I'm sure we ALL hope)

• Like 1

I believe so. I'm pretty sure they have a pre-recorded intro.

It was prerecorded and the electronics failed in the middle of the intro and was fixed right before the rewind section.