4, 5, 6

Difficult to see one of he current Top 3 position corps not winning a medal. Thought there was a chance a couple weeks ago, but not now. So, I find new drama in the next tier. I'll go with this . . . .

4th Cavaliers

5th SC Vanguard

6th Cadets

What about YOU ?

(Sad to see this season close already)

I'm still surprised to see Cavaliers above Cadets. I was there live last night and I just didn't see it. But hey, I'm not a judge and the Cavaliers are very good. They do have a more well thought out theme and clear GE. The Cadets have the firepower in music. It may come down to visual proficiency and guard tonight. As for SCV, neither of the 2 are in their league. Santa Clara's show is just miles better in design, content, and theme. My guess is the judges think this too but feel it's not being performed as well as it should.

Tonight I see:

4. SCV 95.5

5. Cadets 94.95

6. Cavaliers 94.5

• Like 1

I think SCV just stands out compared to Cavaliers and Cadets.

I say:

4th SCV

5th Cavaliers

6th Cadets

I'd agree there will be no change tonight.

• Like 1

Watching last night on DCI-Live, I got the impression Cavaliers didn't "bring it all" like I saw from them in Allentown. I thinkCavaliers are capable of doing better tonight than last night. Last night lacked the same of the energy, sense of urgency I enjoyed in Allentown. Of course, one reading was "live," and the other "on screen."

Love the Cadets in many ways, but I'm thinking they are already typecast as an outlier for medal this year. Too bad.

• Like 2

I agree with earlier poster that Cavaliers energy level was ok last night, but not as intense as at their better regional shows (I was watching live, not on the stream). If they can kick it back up to 100% tonight, they could put some more distance between themselves and Cadets.

Cadets can play loud, and they can drum, but I don't think they can do much to put any more gloss on the thing their design team gave them to polish this year. They've been losing in GE and guard to Cavaliers pretty consistently, and that's not likely to change.

SCV is safe on Fourth Place Island (same with BK over on 7th).

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

Watching last night on DCI-Live, I got the impression Cavaliers didn't "bring it all" like I saw from them in Allentown. I thinkCavaliers are capable of doing better tonight than last night. Last night lacked the same of the energy, sense of urgency I enjoyed in Allentown. Of course, one reading was "live," and the other "on screen."

Love the Cadets in many ways, but I'm thinking they are already typecast as an outlier for medal this year. Too bad.

I do agree. I think they are going to be amazing tonight. I really want them to finish 5th

• Like 1

I'm still surprised to see Cavaliers above Cadets. I was there live last night and I just didn't see it. But hey, I'm not a judge and the Cavaliers are very good. They do have a more well thought out theme and clear GE. The Cadets have the firepower in music. It may come down to visual proficiency and guard tonight. As for SCV, neither of the 2 are in their league. Santa Clara's show is just miles better in design, content, and theme. My guess is the judges think this too but feel it's not being performed as well as it should.

Tonight I see:

4. SCV 95.5

5. Cadets 94.95

6. Cavaliers 94.5

I could see this, but someone remind me the highest 4/5/6 scores of all time? I would think tonights corps could be putting up a fight for those numbers.