Spending Limits

Corps have sponsors for everything. instruments, uniforms, props, flags/weapons, even shoes. A tour cost that much..........maybe we should limit food consumption, or turn the AC off on the buses. This is the worst idea I've heard in sometime.

Corps have sponsors for everything. instruments, uniforms, props, flags/weapons, even shoes. A tour cost that much..........maybe we should limit food consumption, or turn the AC off on the buses. This is the worst idea I've heard in sometime.

Food would have its own budget category with a mandatory minimum per member per meal.

Food would have its own budget category with a mandatory minimum per member per meal.

Are crumbs pro-rated?

Not limiting spending gives us some pretty spectacular shows at the upper end. You would be willing to reduce entertainment quality for parity? I am not interested.

• Like 2

Not all corps have this wide array of sponsors. Maybe the elites do. My son (read mom) had to pay for every pair of marching shoes he ever wore, and a lot of other accessories, like shako plumes down to specific water jugs.

I also wonder about the Bingo thing. SCV has a HEWG Bingo program year round to help fund the corps. Maybe this isn't legal in every state. I really don't know but I know it's not an option where I live.

This thread brings up some really important financial considerations that I believe hold lower tier corps back considerably.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

Material costs (food, gas, even insurance) are not consistent across the country - California corps, for instance, would be disproportionately affected.

Mike

"Program Service" expenses could exclude those you example, but could also include designers, staff, on-field materials, etc to level the geographic cost curve.

But there's no accommodation for differences in state laws regarding bingo, so, there ya' go.

No. Actually, hell no.

And as for lowering staff salaries, the overwhelming majority of those folks (at all levels) don't make anywhere near what it costs to actually do the winter and tour. Talking about staff salaries like they are spiraling out of control isn't just disingenuous, it's down right ridiculous.

No. Actually, hell no.

And as for lowering staff salaries, the overwhelming majority of those folks (at all levels) don't make anywhere near what it costs to actually do the winter and tour. Talking about staff salaries like they are spiraling out of control isn't just disingenuous, it's down right ridiculous.

I think the average staff salary should be lowered from 37 cents/hour to 34.5 cents/hour.

• Like 1