Spending Limits

Well, I'll be the one to disagree with your contention that the "typical" corps spends $1.2mm.

As to your proposal, I'll suggest that creativity shouldn't be limited by money spent, but it MIGHT be controlled by the source of the funds that pays for the show.

Something like, 100% of the costs must be paid for by the MM's tour fees...

So place the financial competitive burden on the backs of the performers? The same marching members that already pay their way to participate in this incredible activity? No.

You can't protect corps from themselves by imposing a spending cap. If the corps is well run, have the capital, and can effiectively manage their own budget, then they should be free to run their organization as they see fit.

• Like 1

So place the financial competitive burden on the backs of the performers? The same marching members that already pay their way to participate in this incredible activity? No.

You can't protect corps from themselves by imposing a spending cap. If the corps is well run, have the capital, and can effiectively manage their own budget, then they should be free to run their organization as they see fit.

I'm genuinely curious to know what other student-aged activity is not funded by the participants?

Seriously, I'd like some examples.

garfield wasn't really suggesting that. he was making a point about where money comes in and where it is spent.

(at least i hope not)

Edited by corpsband

Reasonable.

Perhaps a better question would be: student-aged *independent* activity (i.e. not specifically tied to any otherwise existing organization--so no scholastic-based activities).

Thank you, and one that isn't supported by any government statute or municipal funding.

You're clarification is an important one. Thanks.