Madison Scouts 2017

On 1/15/2017 at 11:58 AM, BigBadMadMan said:

You're welcome.

we can't all have rainbows and unicorns flying out of our @$$e$.

You're right, it's best to take your approach.

I'm seeing that now. 

14 hours ago, Vance said:

I heard the Scouts' opener and they are going for it.  They have return to Advant-Garde Jazz with some serious power.  

Looking forward to see them return to finals. 

Thanks for this news. Sounds very promising & intriguing. Is the music & theme still top secret?

55 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Thanks for this news. Sounds very promising & intriguing. Is the music & theme still top secret?

Keeping it under wraps for a while.

22 hours ago, Liahona said:

I heard a rumor that they are experimenting with your B-flat sopranos...Can you confirm that rumor to be true?

The Scouts have been with Yamaha since 1984, it will take a lot of convincing for them to drop Yamaha for my horns.   They are curious about my products since many of theirI alums are using it.  My Bb soprano bugle is becoming very popular among DCA cats, so the Scouts have seen my horns and expressed their curiosity.  I do know that the staffs were at Bands of America two months ago to see Ayala HS's performance, to get a better understanding of the sound, presented in Bb form. 

There are two problems I'm facing.  I cannot compete with Yamaha because I don't have the funds to furnish a whole line as a sponsor, and I don't know if the Scouts is getting their horns free, or they have to pay. 

And

The biggest concern/challenge is the fact that it has been a generation since DCI abandoned G bugle, so the younger staff may have problem hearing/understand the bugle sound.  

I'll be taking a trip to visit the Scouts this weekend, I have made a lot of friends in that area since the founding of my company, maybe I can have a chat with the staff/director.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vance said:

The Scouts have been with Yamaha since 1984, it will take a lot of convincing for them to drop Yamaha for my horns.   They are curious about my products since many of theirI alums are using it.  My Bb soprano bugle is becoming very popular among DCA cats, so the Scouts have seen my horns and expressed their curiosity.  I do know that the staffs were at Bands of America two months ago to see Ayala HS's performance, to get a better understanding of the sound, presented in Bb form. 

There are two problems I'm facing.  I cannot compete with Yamaha because I don't have the funds to furnish a whole line as a sponsor, and I don't know if the Scouts is getting their horns free, or they have to pay. 

And

The biggest concern/challenge is the fact that it has been a generation since DCI abandoned G bugle, so the younger staff may have problem hearing/understand the bugle sound.  

I'll be taking a trip to visit the Scouts this weekend, I have made a lot of friends in that area since the founding of my company, maybe I can have a chat with the staff/director.  

Im not always the biggest fan of bugles, but I am a huge fan of knowing your roots.  I really love what you are doing with the bugles (and the improvements your horns have over g's) and I hope eventually you will be able to get these in the hands of a World Class Corps at Lucas Oil some day.

12 hours ago, BoaDci said:

I am highly prejudiced against bugles...

FIFY, based upon your comments in the other thread, stating you had never heard them in person.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2017 at 9:19 AM, Madcityscout said:

This is all good news!!!

The few rare times that Madison Scouts failed to make Finals, they came back with a vengence and a new found commitment that following season, and returned once again to Finals.... and with rather big placement jumps too.  I can easily see Madison Scouts doing likewise this season as well.

2002 : 14th...................... 2003: 8th

2007....15th.......................2008: 10th

2016: 13th..........................2017 ?  8th ?  7th ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Lots of good info and opinions in this forum regarding Madison generally and the 2016/2017 seasons more particularly. Just curious what others have to say to this more direct question: What is the biggest one or two factors holding the Scouts back from more routinely higher placements, such as 1-6 or so? 

Like most of the non top 6, I'd say " show design"..... " marcher retention "...... Not drawng the offseason talent at camps that the perennial top 6 Corps get routinely "..... " perhaps some unintentional branding/ slotting by the judges now with Madison and the other non top 6 Corps etc.... the usual. I know you asked for 1 or 2 reasons, and I gave you  4 or so... but they are all interconnected, imo

Edited by BRASSO