Madison Scouts 2017

I'm hoping I get to at least 2 o 3 shows this summer! I'm excited by the music Madison had chosen for their show.....especially

the middle two thirds of the show - which is all original music! I hope someday Madison will do an ALL original show, but

this is fantastic! It's hard to tell from the clips I've heard what the show is like as a whole, but there are some really intriguing and powerful moments!

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

Wasn't the '97 show pretty much all original?

Boerma wrote the opener "The Adventure Begins" and Taras Nahirniak wrote the closing production number "Confrontation & Finale"

Middle section: "Songs of the quay" by Goff Richards and "Moods of the Sea" from the Tall Ships Sutie by David Royalance

• Like 2

Hasn't been mentioned...unless I missed it....but Scouts will also be in a show-themed costume this year instead of traditional uniform.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, swmstom said:

Hasn't been mentioned...unless I missed it....but Scouts will also be in a show-themed costume this year instead of traditional uniform.

Well the complaint can't be that the Scouts uniforms are too cumbersome or limit movement.

What, did the DCI judges pension fund invest in the stocks issued by the uniform mfgrs.???? 

Listening to the snippets of the show makes me feel like I'm watching either the "Dark Knight" or an Alfred Hitchcock thriller like "Vertigo" or something.

Just now, Madcityscout said:

Listening to the snippets of the show makes me feel like I'm watching either the "Dark Knight" or an Alfred Hitchcock thriller like "Vertigo" or something.

So it's Bernard Herrmann-esque?    That is a very good thing.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swmstom said:

I am very very disappointed to hear this.

36 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

I am very very disappointed to hear this.

I really don't understand this. If a program can be enhanced, why not enhance it?

• Like 4