Madison Scouts 2017

38 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

This is incredibly bad news.

No, it isn't. The problem with corps like Scouts, Regiment and Atlanta is all three on constantly stuck in the past. They all look to their past to try and generate current results. It doesn't work if you want to stay competitive in today's game. I want the Scouts to complete reinvent themselves and it looks like that's exactly what they are doing. It is excellent news. Will this garner better results than last year? I hope so, but only time will tell.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

If your support of a corps is as thin as what they're wearing that's pretty sad IMO. 

Did you fail to read my post about not stopping my contributions? 

59 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Yup.

You'll change your tune when that costume is spats! Just one big spat head to toe on every member!

• Like 3

I think that after last year they got together and decided that it wouldn't hurt to try something new. Would you rather them do the same thing and look the same repeatedly and eventually become irrelevant or see them branch out into something fresh and new with the possibility of climbing back up, even if it means actually making finals.

• Like 2

I'm excited to see what they come up with - go Scouts! 

Horns sounded good in the little clip - much warmer sounding than recently even indoors on the cell phone recording

• Like 1

It doesn't really matter to me what any corps wears, within reason. But I also don't see how a show is "enhanced" by a uniform similar to what the Bluecoats wore in 2016 (more comfortable, sure). 

And along those lines, maybe the default WGI-esque example of the 2016 Bluecoats is a poor one. The Bluecoats explained early season that uniforms have to be tailored to the program in a particular year, but did their uniform in 2016 do anything to enhance the program relative to the uniform from 2015? 

I agree a uniform change could be messy. But it could also be quite good. We don't know without seeing what any change is, right? Until then, I am very happy to give current Scouts leaders a break on this.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

It doesn't really matter to me what any corps wears, within reason. But I also don't see how a show is "enhanced" by a uniform similar to what the Bluecoats wore in 2016 (more comfortable, sure). 

And along those lines, maybe the default WGI-esque example of the 2016 Bluecoats is a poor one. The Bluecoats explained early season that uniforms have to be tailored to the program in a particular year, but did their uniform in 2016 do anything to enhance the program relative to the uniform from 2015? 

The way I see the Bluecoats 2016 uniforms relative to the program is this: a vibrant show got vibrant uniforms