Madison Scouts 2017

21 minutes ago, Madcityscout said:

Been awfully quiet in here lately. Nothing to say I guess?

Nope. Scouts after in the same place that they've been for many years...fighting for the coveted 12th spot. I hope they can make improvements to this show because it needs it.

• Like 1

We'll see. They have much better product to work with this year than in years past. But, whatever happens I choose to support the guys and stay positive for them.

3 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Nope. Scouts after in the same place that they've been for many years...fighting for the coveted 12th spot. I hope they can make improvements to this show because it needs it.

Well, I think right now they are actually fighting for 9th place, but maybe that's just me. Show is as good as Crossmen, Regiment and Blue Stars IMO. Obviously, the judges are responding well to it. BIG improvement over last year.

• Like 6

Wausau Scores From DCI.org
Open Class
View Recap
1 Legends 55.500
2 Shadow 45.600

World Class

1 Blue Stars 71.800
2 Madison Scouts 71.400
3 Troopers 65.400
4 Pioneer 55.30

So last night was my second live viewing of this show and I will echo what I said after the first viewing. I love this show. This view was shared with everyone around me. I invited a friend who hasn't been to a show in about 15 years and he was floored by what he saw. He was in absolute awe, as was my son. I'm sure I'll take some flack for this, but this show will be looked back at as epic. This design is SO much better than anything they have had in many years. The way they fill the field with sound, visual and colors is fantastic. For anyone who,hasn't seen it, don't listen to the naysayers on DCP because this show rocks live!

• Like 3

Last nights Wisconsin showdown with the Stars I think was an important one that gave a direct shoulder to shoulder competition. Even though Stars edged them out they kind of stagnated when adding their new closer yesterday with only a .2 improvement (GE lag it looks from recap), Scouts however showed a 1.1 point improvement which is a healthy gain. This weekend should be a wild ride for competition in the 9-12 bracket.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Armyscout said:

Last nights Wisconsin showdown with the Stars I think was an important one that gave a direct shoulder to shoulder competition. Even though Stars edged them out they kind of stagnated when adding their new closer yesterday with only a .2 improvement (GE lag it looks from recap), Scouts however showed a 1.1 point improvement which is a healthy gain. This weekend should be a wild ride for competition in the 9-12 bracket.

I haven't seen their show yet. Just pictures. Hope to catch them live soon. I wish them luck. 

13 hours ago, Cop said:

Wausau Scores From DCI.org
Open Class
View Recap
1 Legends 55.500
2 Shadow 45.600

World Class

1 Blue Stars 71.800
2 Madison Scouts 71.400
3 Troopers 65.400
4 Pioneer 55.30

Despite the handwringing in some quarters, the fact remains that the Madison Scouts took a bold step in both attire and design this season, and so far they look poised to return to Finals with it, imo

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Despite the handwringing in some quarters, the fact remains that the Madison Scouts took a bold step in both attire and design this season, and so far they look poised to return to Finals with it, imo

LOL - when I first read this I read "Scouts took a backward step in both attire and design this season." I was scratching my head for a second. I agree. The judges seem to be responding to it well. Looking forward to MN tomorrow. Should be a good show down, and to see how Regiment fits in the mix.

• Like 1

Much appreciated by the Alumni in general that the corps has gone all in on a show design and look.  In fact the Board and management were pretty surprised at the Alumni reaction when they gave us the preview early on the Saturday of the Whitewater show. Cant speak for everyone of my era but I think what we wanted to see was a commitment to DCI as it is today, not some rewarming of an old concept or an attempt to present the Madison Mystique in a new way.  Those days by and large are over.  Its time for the corps to create a new one if we ever want to vie for the top spots again The important things will always be there.

Saw the show at Lisle. Seems to me they are performing it well. I could not hum any part of that show if my life depended on it, not exactly the acid test but there it is. Impressed by the commitment to the role of post apocalyptic leather punks by the members.

• Like 5