Madison Scouts 2017

Congratulations Scouts for making it back into Finals with a very well executed and fine product!

The more I watch your show, the more I want to watch it. This alumnus is very proud of you

and all of the blood, sweat and tears you have put into this production! Now go tear the

roof off of that Oil Can tonight MAD MEN!!!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

My brother marched, my best friends marched, and I myself very nearly marched as well. The man who beat me for the final spot in 2013 aged out as drum captain last year, and the staff would've kept me if they had room for one more. Outside of the two corps I HAVE marched with, Madison is easily the largest and closest drum corps family I have. 

And if I'm being insufferable, at least I'm attempting to be SUPPORTIVE of the corps, unlike the rest of you miserable old f####.

So was the guy you quoted, who DID contribute his blood, sweat, and tears to the Madison Scouts...just like the rest of the alumni who had a legitimate reason to be concerned this summer. Glad they made finals, but there are still issues that need to be corrected.

Edited by BigBadMadMan

23 minutes ago, BigBadMadMan said:

So was the guy you quoted, who DID contribute his blood, sweat, and tears to the Madison Scouts...just like the rest of the alumni who had a legitimate reason to be concerned this summer. Glad they made finals, but there are still issues that need to be corrected. So you know where to stick the "miserable old f####" comment, since you never had any skin in the game.

He's helplessly stuck in the past like a lot of other alumni, but I understand the concern. Just know that the concern was way overblown. 

But yeah, I never wore the super suit. I never marched Finals, sang YNWA with the corps, had a nail, or any of that. But I did have skin in the game for two months, and as Dann and Chris said at those camps, sometimes that's more than enough. They are step-brothers to me like they are brothers to you, and I'm 100% sure I love them no less than you.

So shove that up your ### as well. Madison's gonna set a 12th place record tonight. Have a nice day. :guinesssmilie:

• Like 1

Love the show! Madison Scouts are back!

• Like 1

Great performance by Scouts tonight at finals. It's 12th, and I want to see them climbing quickly. But the crowd loved the show. The crowd, I think, gave them great respect. That's a successful 2017, IMO.

It went unnoticed since it was only added for the finals performance, but the guard member who won the battle at the end of the show brought out the sword from '97 during the last note of the program. I love that they did this because even though the show's "hidden meaning" was to depart from what Scouts used to be, they still included things such as the Fleur and hat bow, even paying an homage to the 20 year old show by bringing out the sword. That right there shows that even though they're moving forward from what they used to be, they still have great respect for the many men who marched before them.

Edited by shmeg212
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, shmeg212 said:

It went unnoticed since it was only added for the finals performance, but the guard member who won the battle at the end of the show brought out the sword from '97 during the last note of the program. I love that they did this because even though the show's "hidden meaning" was to depart from what Scouts used to be, they still included things such as the Fleur and hat bow, even paying an homage to the 20 year old show by bringing out the sword. That right there shows that even though they're moving forward from what they used to be, they still have great respect for the many men who marched before them.

Wow, I didn't notice the sword. Need to watch it again! So many great little subliminal messages, and hidden details even on the Corps uniform.

Like citation chords, sashes, belts, yes even spats (even though they're brown/gray), gauntlets. Also, the head pieces have stylized Fluer-De-Lis

on them. Now I wonder what the Men of Madison have in store for 2018. I'm super excited to find out. But I'll have to be patient, since they'll

probably keep it a secret like they did this past season. (Unless some well connected brother wants to PM me if he knows something. ;) )

• Like 2