Madison Scouts 2017

Ok Scouts.....time to plug in a little more GE Music (Part Tres).  Plenty of room in the fleur section.  Maybe some synth (as much as I prefer no synth!)...with some Scouts music of the past?    Don't really know...but a something needs to be added to get them across the finish line.   And....hold that last note even longer!

14 hours ago, Tim K said:

to me the choir seemed off and much of the show struck me as a mess. . 

GE judges in Allentown certainly disagreed... ( but I'm with you.. did not quite understand Cadets in 5th in GE captions in Allentown this weekend ). Oh well, it is what it is, and so thats that.

21 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

GE judges in Allentown certainly disagreed... ( but I'm with you.. did not quite understand Cadets in 5th in GE captions in Allentown this weekend ). Oh well, it is what it is, and so thats that.

I do not want to continue hijacking the Men from Madison's thread, and while I do feel Cadets were off a bit and overscored, they placed correctly and they did improve and toned things down that needed toning down. Other comments in an appropriate thread.

Madison, keep working at it. You're bringing out the inner tribal beast in all of us!

14 hours ago, Tim K said:

Sorry, I did not realize I posted comments about DCI East in this thread. Not trying to hijack, I must have hit the wrong topic.

No problem.

On 8/2/2017 at 2:06 PM, MikeN said:

Honestly, for this year, yes - getting into Finals will be Mission Accomplished.  Can't keep moving up into the elite until you're actually *in* Finals.  Merely participating in the top 12 should not be their goal next year, but for this season - absolutely.

Mike

Agree.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2017 at 2:06 PM, MikeN said:

Honestly, for this year, yes - getting into Finals will be Mission Accomplished.  Can't keep moving up into the elite until you're actually *in* Finals.  Merely participating in the top 12 should not be their goal next year, but for this season - absolutely.

Mike

Great point. And accomplishing this with such a dramatic change, and with all the accompanying angst that surrounded it, will certainly be a big deal for the Scouts now and in the future.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2017 at 1:07 PM, mjoakes said:

Great point. And accomplishing this with such a dramatic change, and with all the accompanying angst that surrounded it, will certainly be a big deal for the Scouts now and in the future.

I want to see the Scouts make finals as much as the rest of you folks but at what cost? Are they going to continue donning moronic costumes forever? Hint - BD looks like BD and they are in the lead. The costumes were an unnecessary expense - especially for a corps still digging out of debt.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

I want to see the Scouts make finals as much as the rest of you folks but at what cost? Are they going to continue donning moronic costumes forever? Hint - BD looks like BD and they are in the lead. The costumes were an unnecessary expense - especially for a corps still digging out of debt.  

You may well be right. For some number of us, however, the costumes aren't moronic. The show really is cool, aggressive, and even fun Madison Scouts. It's not like that for everyone, of course, which is an obvious consequence of something that is subjective. For me, this year's show is way better than 2016 and even better than the 8th place 2015.  

It's the same thing this year with singers. I don't like them at all. That's just a personal preference. BAC and Crown and Cadets are doing pretty well with what I consider gross design elements. And it's amazing that plenty of fans - the MMs paying fees, too - apparently like this stuff and don't, instead, agree with me. 

I hope this marks the beginning of a more consistently better, bolder Scouts. I hope it attracts talent. At the same time, I'll also be thrilled when they find the right moments to throw back to some jazzier music, a company front, and the traditional uni. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

You may well be right. For some number of us, however, the costumes aren't moronic. The show really is cool, aggressive, and even fun Madison Scouts. It's not like that for everyone, of course, which is an obvious consequence of something that is subjective. For me, this year's show is way better than 2016 and even better than the 8th place 2015.  

It's the same thing this year with singers. I don't like them at all. That's just a personal preference. BAC and Crown and Cadets are doing pretty well with what I consider gross design elements. And it's amazing that plenty of fans - the MMs paying fees, too - apparently like this stuff and don't, instead, agree with me. 

I hope this marks the beginning of a more consistently better, bolder Scouts. I hope it attracts talent. At the same time, I'll also be thrilled when they find the right moments to throw back to some jazzier music, a company front, and the traditional uni. 

I respect your opinion. I hope the Scouts can find a way to stay competitive  but actually look like a drum corps. 

• Like 1