Madison Scouts 2017

6 hours ago, E3D said:

I believe it was 20 for BAC that year. Top 12 is not everything, It is a goal but not everything. 

That wasn't the point. You said they should have won. I was wondering what made that show championship caliber

Sad news to report, Daniel Veerhusen passed away overnight in Madison. DM Dan, as he was known to many, May You Never Walk Alone. He was a member of the corps for a number of years, and was drum major in 1980. 

DM Dan can be seen at the beginning of the video with the traditional Scouts hat on.

Edited by tesmusic

Anyway the best soccer crowd song isn't Liverpool's never walk alone. It's Celtics (Glasgow Scotland) FC's Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

That wasn't the point. You said they should have won. I was wondering what made that show championship caliber

Not trying to hijack or side track the thread. To answer your question. I'm sympathetic to corps that take in poor folk from the neighborhoods and from places far away and allow them to march no questions asked. :fight:

that and maybe just maybe I might have been marching then. :sly:

15 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Anyway the best soccer crowd song isn't Liverpool's never walk alone. It's Celtics (Glasgow Scotland) FC's Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode. 

True about Liverpool. I'm not a fan. I'm a Chelsea fan. Anyhow you have good taste with the Celtics in Glasgow and Depeche Mode. 

16 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Sad news to report, Daniel Veerhusen passed away overnight in Madison. DM Dan, as he was known to many, May You Never Walk Alone. 

DM Dan can be seen at the beginning of the video with the traditional Scouts hat on.

RIP sad news when alumni join the larger corps,,,,,,,,in heaven. 

19 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Sad news to report, Daniel Veerhusen passed away overnight in Madison. DM Dan, as he was known to many, May You Never Walk Alone. He was a member of the corps for a number of years, and was drum major in 1980. 

Condolences to you and your brothers. I had the pleasure of meeting the man once back when he was the DM.

So sorry to hear of Daniel's passing.  He was a legendary drum major for the Scouts.  That ending of Ice Castles...you guys hold the note at FFF while I throw my hat, take out a camera and take a picture of the crowd, then take a picture of the corps, then unfold and show the '75 championship banner........then I'll cut you off.  CLASSIC!!!

RIP

Rip... and my condolence to his family, friends, and all those affiliated with the Madison Scouts Corps.

10 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Based on what I've seen and heard, both live and recorded, I think you'll be happy this season!

Everyone says that every year at this time about the Scouts. Its just too early to tell how good a program & corp will be. I hope like heck you are right though.

• Like 2