Madison Scouts 2017

17 hours ago, swmstom said:

Scouts will also be in a show-themed costume this year instead of traditional uniform.

14 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

If a program can be enhanced, why not enhance it?

6 minutes ago, E3D said:

Enhanced? 

Codpieces for everyone!!!

Enhanced as in if your costume can help draw in audience even a little bit because of the way it applies to your program, wouldn't you?

14 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

I really don't understand this. If a program can be enhanced, why not enhance it?

I think the concern is that the uniforms will look unflattering or gaudy. That said, the poor attempt of the 2016 uniforms to streamline the 1988-2002 look fell entirely flat to me. I'm interested to see where they look up.

18 hours ago, swmstom said:

Hasn't been mentioned...unless I missed it....but Scouts will also be in a show-themed costume this year instead of traditional uniform.

This is incredibly bad news.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I think the concern is that the uniforms will look unflattering or gaudy. That said, the poor attempt of the 2016 uniforms to streamline the 1988-2002 look fell entirely flat to me. I'm interested to see where they look up.

But you knew it was the Madison Scouts the minute you saw them. I thought the sash was off but other than that I liked them. Now if they go Bluecoats on me I'm going to probably have to find another favorite corps.

2 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

But you knew it was the Madison Scouts the minute you saw them. I thought the sash was off but other than that I liked them. Now if they go Bluecoats on me I'm going to probably have to find another favorite corps.

You knew it was the Cavaliers the minute you saw them, right? That same argument could be used against a corps changing their uniform ever. 

9 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

You knew it was the Cavaliers the minute you saw them, right? That same argument could be used against a corps changing their uniform ever. 

Sure but I hated those uniforms. I am starting to think I'm done completely. I stopped going to DCI shows 2 years ago and have watched online in horror at the WGI spectacle that DCI is becoming and to me its no longer entertaining. Now will I stop my yearly donation to Madison and Crossmen? Probably not. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

This is incredibly bad news.

Yup.

• Like 1