Madison Scouts 2017

I'm just happy to see that the Scouts finally have a modern product with some meat they can work with!

• Like 3

@tigger2 I'll echo the positive sentiments regarding your thoughtful, thought-provoking post.  I do have to wonder, however, that seems like a LOT to accomplish in 11 minutes...

I wish the Scouts luck this year.

Well we'll see how they trim it up.

Just out of curiosity, if they don't make finals again this year, does anyone think they will make some changes at the top? staff? board? They are .03 points from not making finals and last year at this time they were a solid 7th to 9th place finalist. I know it's a long season and we all know anything can happen but I'll bet there will be some upset alums if they don't perform on Saturday night again this year.

20 minutes ago, Tupac said:

Just out of curiosity, if they don't make finals again this year, does anyone think they will make some changes at the top? staff? board? They are .03 points from not making finals and last year at this time they were a solid 7th to 9th place finalist. I know it's a long season and we all know anything can happen but I'll bet there will be some upset alums if they don't perform on Saturday night again this year.

Well, I don't know. I'm not so sure I see them as high as 7th last year. BK didn't have a complete show. I don't think they were ever, at any point, ahead of Regiment, Crossmen or Blue Stars either. I thought they had a shot at 7th preseason last year, but this time last year I was thinking more likely 9th - 11th. Academy and BAC surprised me. I don't think Academy will beat them this year, but there is IMO a possibility for Mandarins to climb into finals. They are good. We'll see, but I think the Scouts have a much better vehicle to go the distance, and could beat Blue Stars, Crossmen and Regiment if they clean up, but I think they'll end the season in 12th.

1 hour ago, Tupac said:

Not positive but where was Boston or Academy at this time of year in 2016

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

For all corps, is this not something that can be done late in the off season to make sure the story line is understood?  Can it only be done once the current version is being judged?  Most veteran staffs know the judges, know their likes and dislikes, and either write drill/music accordingly or critique their own stuff before late June.

PS  Forgot to add this.  http://m.dci.org/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=211638390&DB_OEM_ID=33500&

I do think it can be taken care of in the off season, for the most part. I am not saying  no one did their homework. No one sets out to design and show that isn't/doesn't communicate. I do think that being on top of the current design choices, pedagogy, and planning is a must. I think it too often slips by a corps and before they know it, they are having to rebuild, re-think, re-boot. 

Trigger there must be a staff out there that could use your insights!

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1