Madison Scouts 2017

I'm old enough to realize as much as I may be a little biased towards the Scouts, Anything could happen from 13-9 right now. I was just looking at how Crossmen have slid in placement the last couple of shows. And I will admit as a pure drum corps fan, all of those corps have brought their "A" game this year!

Edited by Madcityscout

1 hour ago, Madcityscout said:

I'm old enough to realize as much as I may be a little biased towards the Scouts, Anything could happen from 13-9 right now. I was just looking at how Crossmen have slid in placement the last couple of shows. And I will admit as a pure drum corps fan, all of those corps have brought their "A" game this year!

Yep, agreed. I think it's getting harder and harder to move much in placement from year to year because the quality above them is just great. And really there are about 5-6 Super Corps that seem almost impossible to compete with. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

Full panel difference, maybe?

That's my guess

would the Scouts be any worse off if this "turn for the better" did not happen and they stayed the course?

18 minutes ago, Old VA said:

would the Scouts be any worse off if this "turn for the better" did not happen and they stayed the course?

well - they couldn't have done a WGI style show if they had not made the costume/style change -- 

the well had run dry with the standard/traditional 4 songs that don't suck design approach -- so they had to change.... 

so I would say that the Scouts would have been worse off had they stayed the course - 

• Like 3

Fair enough, But do they stay with this theme or search for a new direction. This is not gaining any ground, as of yet, anyways.

I think the show design is great. They just aren't drumming, spinning, playing and marching as good as the Corps above them. I believe the snare line has 1 returning vet. Can't speak specifics on the rest of the Corp but would only make sense they have lots of new faces.  

• Like 2

I think if they stay the modern course, which I think they will, they will be fine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Old VA said:

Good question - I was just wondering the very same thing.  DCI needs the MADISON SCOUTS.  Here's hoping they figure out the right formula.

• Like 1

Mid July, already 10 points behind. Fighting for a spot in finals. Is that Madison's roll now? #### they have settled for a #### sandwich. Is this the same program director as last years believe the hype show?