Madison Scouts 2017

48 minutes ago, cowtown said:

Been wondering if it was worth it to sell off their traditional identity to move up one place or even keep their same place as last year. They look and sound better than last year but I enjoyed that show more. They are not getting the Mad crowd love they are use too. Being modern isn’t necessarily the path to being better, maybe other changes need to be made? Not for me to answer but interesting to observe.

Interesting observation.   I generally like the flexibility in the look of today's corps to meet the needs of the show presentation.    However, I wonder if the cost to do so can work against a corps so rooted in its own identity as strong as Madison has had over the years.   It has always been pretty darn cool whenever they've entered the field for competition - you know, that Madison aura.

I'll see the Mad-men this weekend.  Looking forward to it!

Edited by drumcorpsfever

2 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I'll see the Mad-men this weekend.  Looking forward to it!

Earlier, I'd asked in a post about the appearance of the fleur de lis formation in their show. It appears only briefly and comes together with horns raised above their heads. If you happen to see that, you might make a quick note. I'm not sure if it was real (from Minneapolis live) or if I imagined it. 

22 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Earlier, I'd asked in a post about the appearance of the fleur de lis formation in their show. It appears only briefly and comes together with horns raised above their heads. If you happen to see that, you might make a quick note. I'm not sure if it was real (from Minneapolis live) or if I imagined it. 

You didn't imagine it....

RmAbGvC.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KCWolfPck said:

You didn't imagine it....

RmAbGvC.jpg

Thanks. It was very cool, appearing and disappearing. It happened so fast, no one had time to react. Hoping it gets some noise as more people anticipate it.

7 hours ago, mjoakes said:

I'll look for it.   Hopefullly I will be able to see it, although I won't be seated too high.  

Another good bump in score tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

Yes.. did notice this. Madison has now had 2 back to back shows with excellent bumps in their scores.

8 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Hopefully they can keep this bumping forward.

23 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Already 10 points behind? Why is there always an expectation from Madison fans that the corps should be competing for a championship? I know they have one under their belt, but they aren't exactly historically challenging for the title. 

Just think that expectation in particular is a little too much. Being in finals and even the top 7, I understand. 

Because of 79 years of tradition! this is competition! Why would you ask such a dumb question? Madison fans ALLWAYS expect to be in the fight for a title. Overall history wise, Madison is a contender and a crowd favorite. As you say HISTORICALLY, 2 titles and many years when they could have or should have won. Know the history of drum corps. It started before 2010. These last years not so much. Some changes need to happen, but a uniform change and dark music I don't think is the answer.

• Like 1