Madison Scouts 2017

1 minute ago, gak27 said:

And I'd argue it was more "could have" then "should have" (at least from my Prelims and Finals-based) viewings, esp. compared to the Prelims/Finals differences for SCV, Kingsmen, and Muchachos...

I tend to think that any corps that wins prelims "should" be able to win finals.  We know it doesn't always work that way, but the premise is there.

No posts in this thread since Friday....feels like the white flag has been waved by many. I haven't, but I'm less than excited as I watch my beloved Scouts stagnate while others soar. Looks to be a battle with the Mandarins this year......smh.  so sad that the Scouts have fallen so far behind.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, swmstom said:

No posts in this thread since Friday....feels like the white flag has been waved by many. I haven't, but I'm less than excited as I watch my beloved Scouts stagnate while others soar. Looks to be a battle with the Mandarins this year......smh.  so sad that the Scouts have fallen so far behind.

Can't say your point isn't justified. It looks like they even fell a couple of points last night. Still, I'm optimistic. Anxious to see them perform in San Antonio - and to see the scores there. They certainly have potential to top both Mandarins and Crossmen. I presume the content scores are mostly relatively set. They need to push up the execution stuff.

2 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Can't say your point isn't justified. It looks like they even fell a couple of points last night. Still, I'm optimistic. Anxious to see them perform in San Antonio - and to see the scores there. They certainly have potential to top both Mandarins and Crossmen. I presume the content scores are mostly relatively set. They need to push up the execution stuff.

It would seem like this show - the costumes - the concept - the non-scouts look isn't helping them score wise at all. Same old #### but they no longer look like the Madison Scouts. 

• Like 1

Any chance Madison gets a better audience response during prelims, semis, finals (I hope)? Each time I've seen them, I am so busy looking at everything that I don't really react. (That could also mean, I suppose, the show design isn't giving me big moments to react.) I catch myself thinking I'd like to see them at least a couple of times quickly back-to-back to be able to remember things.

• Like 1

I watched the video on youtube of the closer in Minnesota and I literally yawned. 

Feels my biggest fear is coming true....try TOO hard to be different. Costumes are one thing, but boring, abstract and non recognizable music...i can't get behind that.

• Like 3

On 7/12/2017 at 10:33 AM, MotoSurfBass said:

THE 

:89_clap:

MADISON

SCOUTS

WILL

BE

FINE!!!

If you say it loud enough, eventually you start to believe it.

I have been subtly hinting at the same conclusion for years that Ndkbass just came out and said...I think the admin is the problem. I have zero faith in Dann and Chris to put a competitive product on the field anymore.

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BigBadMadMan said:

If you say it loud enough, eventually you start to believe it.

I have been subtly hinting at the same conclusion for years that Dnkbass just came out and said...I think the admin is the problem. I have zero faith in Dann and Chris to put a competitive product on the field anymore.

As much as it pains me to say it, I wholeheartedly agree. I've felt this way for several seasons now, just didn't have the kahunas to say it. 

• Like 2

I can't believe the negative comments about Chris and Dann in a public forum like this guys.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

As much as it pains me to say it, I wholeheartedly agree. I've felt this way for several seasons now, just didn't have the kahunas to say it. 

Same here. It's nothing personal, as I marched with Dann and think he's a fantastic person.

• Like 2