Impact of Bloo's win on future show designs

No. None of the top corps operate that way. They don't look at the last winning show and say, "let's do that." What we will continue to see is more elaborate use of props and electronics and confused emphasis on staging.

I don't agree. BD started using props every year and not props area a mainstay in shows.

I don't agree. BD started using props every year and not props area a mainstay in shows.

It's actually interesting how limited the props were in some high profile shows this year...

But really, all one needs to do is check out some video of "Star of Indiana" and SCV in the late 80's and early 90's (among others) to know that BD is hardly the pioneer in that regard.

And given that... it's remarkable that SCV was fairly propless in 2016.

I would love to hear what else they were considering.............I always find the stories of what a corps was going to do, scrapped, changed before any of us would even know FASCINATING.

One was called chandelier

• Like 1

By Sia?!

Not sure. Someone with knowledge played me a recording months ago. Of what I remember great gig was by far the better choice

Not anymore than if somebody did this:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/entertainment/fall-tv-season-historical/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

Hamilton is the hottest rage on Broadway.

Music and motion is great. But toss in an incredible storyline and complete the pallet with color and pagentry, and you'll have a winner.

Keep in mind all top 3 corps were 97 something. It's not like Bloo ran away it.

Honestly, the fact that they waited to announce probably had nothing to so with scores, but more to do with fan acceptance of the look. Think about the amount of controversy that was raised (particularly on this site) when they first released the uniforms. Now, it was only a few hours from that point to the point that people were able to see the show, and honestly, I think seeing the show and the show design made a lot of people (myself included) understand the uniform choice (even if they still didn't like it) and how it affects the show. Had they released the show/uniforms when most other corps did and there been a month or more where people could see the uniforms and the source music but not the show design itself, there would have been a lot more time for people to decide that they simply would not like it, and those opinions would have been much more deep-seeded by the time people first saw the show, making it harder for them to change their minds (a group polarization effect -- to take a psychology approach-- would have taken place, I theorize). Waiting until the last minute to release the show/uniforms gave people less time to to speculate on how they like what could easily have been a very polarizing show before actually seeing it.

Really well thought-out.

Honestly, the fact that they waited to announce probably had nothing to so with scores, but more to do with fan acceptance of the look. Think about the amount of controversy that was raised (particularly on this site) when they first released the uniforms. Now, it was only a few hours from that point to the point that people were able to see the show, and honestly, I think seeing the show and the show design made a lot of people (myself included) understand the uniform choice (even if they still didn't like it) and how it affects the show. Had they released the show/uniforms when most other corps did and there been a month or more where people could see the uniforms and the source music but not the show design itself, there would have been a lot more time for people to decide that they simply would not like it, and those opinions would have been much more deep-seeded by the time people first saw the show, making it harder for them to change their minds (a group polarization effect -- to take a psychology approach-- would have taken place, I theorize). Waiting until the last minute to release the show/uniforms gave people less time to to speculate on how they like what could easily have been a very polarizing show before actually seeing it.

That seems very logical. But, in reality, the Bluecoats have historically been very late to the party. This year they kind of got caught in their own stubbornness about announcing the show and the more the fans conjectured on what was happening, the more they waited. Now, toss in their BOA constume and you can see why they did what they did. They caught lightning in a bottle. The lack of announcement worked. The awesome promo video on their show worked. It all clicked in a way that perhaps it's never clicked for any corps before.

I don't think they can ever repeat capturing the imagination without saying anything at all ever again. --- Unless if they come back with the classic Bluecoats look . . . Da da da!!!

That seems very logical. But, in reality, the Bluecoats have historically been very late to the party. This year they kind of got caught in their own stubbornness about announcing the show and the more the fans conjectured on what was happening, the more they waited. Now, toss in their BOA constume and you can see why they did what they did.

Actually, the costume had nothing to do with BOA. They came up with the look to make the corps look like a dance troop.