2017 PREDICTIONS!

Sounds likely to me

'Just foolin around, as always, Wes... BK did come back strong the 2nd half of the season after finally getting their stuff together.

• Like 1

1 - 3 = BIG 3

I think Bluecoats, Blue Devils, and Carolina Crown will continue to be the new big 3 in some order.

4 = SCV

They will have an incredible show for their 50th. Potential to climb into the top 3 will be strong.

5 = Phantom Regiment

I think Phantom found something this year. I think they beef it up a tad and with their talented musicians move into the top 5.

6 - 8 = Cavaliers, Cadets, Blue Knights

All of these groups have something to prove. Cavaliers would like to improve on this year, but they will need stronger music performance to do so. The Cadets had fabulous musicians (despite getting hosed at Finals -- could've been their fault), but they have to come out with a better product in terms of theme, story, or concept. Blue Knights had a wonderful show that I very much enjoyed, but I feel they were hurt in performance by not finishing the show early enough.

9 - 12 = Academy, Crossmen, Blue Stars, Boston

Rumor mill is that Boston may pick up some really good staff to add to their really good staff. Crossmen continue to prove they belong in the top 12 year after year. Great performers and solid show design. Blue Stars had an amazing drill and overall visual program. They need a slightly stronger story line. Academy, despite their popularity this summer, is most at risk of dropping. They nailed the story, but they need stronger performance in brass, perc, and guard to take it further. Madison had very strong performers but simply missed on the theme and how they designed the show. Music was too choppy. If Madison fixes those issues I see them back in top 12.

All in good fun. Who knows how it will go next summer. The Cadets might come out and blow everyone's doors off. Wouldn't shock me. Those kids cleaned up and performed the heck out of a "broken" show in terms of theme and design. If Hopkins and company can convince the members to stay and if he keeps his staff as is and lets them build on this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see them knock a top 3 corps out of the box. They can be dominant when they get things right in terms of design.

Can someone tell me what the Cadet's show is about? I know that the statues come to life and start "playing" with their new bodies, but the ending they put on (that I saw in Atlanta) didn't make sense to me. What's so wrong with that one statue that got punched to death?

(I'm too lazy to switch threads)

Can someone tell me what the Cadet's show is about? I know that the statues come to life and start "playing" with their new bodies, but the ending they put on (that I saw in Atlanta) didn't make sense to me. What's so wrong with that one statue that got punched to death?

(I'm too lazy to switch threads)

A concrete cake with a soprano player showing some "knuckle" and a concrete cupcake with a guy that looks like a grey painted Lou Ferrigno Incredible Hulk (from a distance).

I will say this. It feels like we are at the genesis of a new era in terms of who we expect to be where and who we expect to deliver. It feels like there are big and new forces at work. Not even talking about design and that kind of stuff, just the corps themselves. And it's pretty exciting.

• Like 1

Waiting for the bodies to at least fully chill...and the rigor mortis to subside.