2017 PREDICTIONS!

I think Cavies remain in the top 5. I think they will have extremely good recruits this upcoming season.

They'll get strong recruits, but they also have a lot of talent that I am sure will come back, so as long as show design is stellar, like it was last year, they'll be fine.

• Like 1

Show design will win the day IMO...

You're right, and I agree. (At least assuming the basics in skill, talent, proper planning, etc, are all in place.) Even though I asked the question about emotion, leadership, and other factors. To some extent, show design - whether it inspires the 19-20 year olds executing it - probably also plays a role in influencing those various intangibles.

Asked a similar question on the Boston thread but I figured it applied to all corps. So what do you guys think are the floors and ceilings, competitively, for each corps?

PURELY OPINION BASED

(I'll keep mine to last year's Top 12 in that order)

Boston: 9-5

-With the new staff and plenty new talent Boston is quickly becoming a destination. Honestly think they'll win a title within 5 years.

Academy: 12-9

-They're on the up and up. I believe in the design team to come through again and the instructional staff to work vigorously with their biggest audition turnout ever by far to find what I think will be their best talent even by far.

Crossmen: 14-11

-Honestly not a fan. But they will not drop too much.

Phantom Regiment: 12-9

-Opposite of Academy. I think they're on a downhill design wise and talent wise.

Blue Stars: 10-7

-The percussion losses will probably hurt but I think the brass staff changes are an upgrade and I love their shows. We'll see how their season plays out.

Blue Knights: 9-5

-Hit or miss. That One Second and Because were big hits and Great Event was a big miss (for the most part. Still loved lots of that show)

Cadets: 8-7

-They're going down the drain I think. But they continue to bring in lots of talent so they won't fall too much, I think.

Cavaliers: 6-4

-Loved last year. Think they'll stay in the same general area especially retaining that strong design team.

Santa Clara Vanguard: 6-2

-Loved last year and they're probably headed up.

Carolina Crown: 5-1

-Think we could see another 2014 type of drop the way they did after a very strong 2013. Especially with the guard and visual losses. (I use "losses" loosely since we don't know for sure whether they'll be downgrades or upgrades)

Blue Devils: 3-1

-What will they come up with next? Will they dial it back a bit or go even farther into the abyss of creativity?

Bluecoats: 3-1

-They're my pick to win next season. Design is just too strong with the "cool" factor. Them and Blue Devils are THE destinations imo.

Edited by Damonallred

Asked a similar question on the Boston thread but I figured it applied to all corps. So what do you guys think are the floors and ceilings, competitively, for each corps?

PURELY OPINION BASED

(I'll keep mine to last year's Top 12 in that order)

Boston: 9-5

Academy: 12-9

Crossmen: 14-11

Phantom Regiment: 12-9

Blue Stars: 10-7

Blue Knights: 9-5

Cadets: 8-7

Cavaliers: 6-4

Santa Clara Vanguard: 6-2

Carolina Crown: 5-1

Blue Devils: 3-1

Bluecoats: 3-1

It would be nice to see what your rationale is behind each of these predictions...not a requirement...just more of a curiosity on my part.

It would be nice to see what your rationale is behind each of these predictions...not a requirement...just more of a curiosity on my part.

Edited.

I would also note that I've seen "crowds" WILL certain corps to win...although that does not necessarily work all the time....it can't hurt the corps that is performing on the field either...

To you and craiga, I actually think it was a lot of design and execution and less outside factors.

My impression finals week is that the crowd was behind Madison. The show evolved from Allentown to Finals, there was clarity of idea and execution from the performers. Though if the kids had been given a better product from the beginning they probably could have been up towards 10th. And with Madison, the clarity wasn't there. It just came at you as a mishmash of JCSS.

• Like 1

And with Madison, the clarity wasn't there. It just came at you as a mishmash of JCSS.

I'm a big Scouts fan and have had trouble identifying why the 2016 show didn't move me so much. Mishmash of JCSS is kind of right. Seemed like there were potential musical and drama moments that were ignored.

So here's predicting - which is, for me anyway, really just hoping - for something with more focus, and more Scouts attitude, in 2017.

I'm a big Scouts fan and have had trouble identifying why the 2016 show didn't move me so much. Mishmash of JCSS is kind of right. Seemed like there were potential musical and drama moments that were ignored.

So here's predicting - which is, for me anyway, really just hoping - for something with more focus, and more Scouts attitude, in 2017.

The whipping sequence was a fantastic moment with a decent lead up. But afterwards, the effect just pettered out. Such a lost opportunity on phenomenal music. Though no reason to think the corps won't right the ship with better design.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tim Snyder goes full rambo on stadium security and takes the title as Heavyweight Champion for DCI's underground parking lot cage fighting ring