2017 PREDICTIONS!

It was apparent (this year at least) that the talent was better than the show.

agreed - they could have aimed a little higher in terms of difficulty / complexity

hoping as the corps retains more vets the show design becomes more mature for them -- brass program especially seems ready for more meat IMO

1. BD

2. SCV

3. Cavies

4. Bloo

5. Crown

6. Cadets

7. BAC

8. Phantom

9. Blue Knights

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Madison

13. Troopers

14. Academy

15. Colts

16. Oregon

17. Mandarins

18. Crest

19. Cascades

20. Spirit

21. Genesis

22. Surf

23. Pio

BDB isn't in there. They are knocking at the door to finals.

Not much love for BK, eh?

Seems a bit surprising to me..

Especially when you consider that their very strong and well seasoned staff from the last 3 years is staying intact for this coming year. From what I understand, they are working very hard this offseason to avoid many of the things that hurt them a bit last year.

Also keep in mind the quality and maturity of the group over the last few years. At least, from what I saw, they sure weren't having any issues there--and seems to have gradually risen each year.

Personally I am seeing them staying in the 6-8 group at worst--would like to see them move up, but who knows... Granted that may not be taking into account the high talent level of all of the groups out there.

Just my opinion! But then again, we won't really know what happens until finals night anyways, will we... 😉

D

Edited by wormster79

BDB isn't in there. They are knocking at the door to finals.

I was doing only world class corps. But you have a point.

Not just talent, but also show design.

I feel both Crossmen and Academy are going to need a strong combination of both to stay in finals.

I LOVED Academy in 2016, but if they don't up the game in both, it won't be a return in 2017.

I think like others have said Crossmen seemed to have a show that was maybe a bit below their membership. FINALLY moved up over 12th after being stuck around there for 4 seasons. I'm expecting them to put out a show that is harder, deeper, etc.

The Academy has that always nearly impossible task of following up a smash hit of a show. It can be done (Bluecoats 2015 after 2014) and many have failed (Crossmen 2013 after 2012). If they put out a show that is equally as good and well performed they'll probably miss. Crossmen broke through their placement wall and have all the talent in the world, Boston Crusaders have overhauled with the best in the business, Madison Scouts will not stay down, and the Troopers are probably chomping at the bit to get past the same exact grouping they've been in for 4 seasons. Bearing an absolute miss from one of those which you can never see coming until June.

I'm hopeful because 2016 wasn't a lightning strike. It was a culmination of something that started in 2014, was built on in terms of increasing the difficulty and depth just a tad in 2015, and again in 2016 tailored to their improving membership and design team who is totally in tune with what they are capeable of as a membership. Hopefully next year is just another step in what seems like a long term problem plan.

• Like 2

I'm not really a BK fan, and I just dont see them moving up.

Troopers are probably in my top 5 favorite corps as of late. Their show this year was gold. At times though it seems a little too easy for them. Their battery is basically a UNT/SCV staff, and their brass has some of the darkest sounds Ive heard DCI. Right now though, they seem a bit old fashioned. Not to mention the Uniforms from last year. I really want to see them in finals though, I really hope this is their year.

I really want BDB to make finals, theyd be the first open class/division 2 corps to do so.

Edited by BoaDci

I read somewhere that Academy had a VERY large ageout class last year, which might affect them. That kind of show that they had last year will really bring in some talent.

This is incorrect. For the brass, there were only about 20 age outs. However, there has been some trouble with retaining those who didn't age out.

Not much love for BK, eh?

Seems a bit surprising to me..

Especially when you consider that their very strong and well seasoned staff from the last 3 years is staying intact for this coming year. From what I understand, they are working very hard this offseason to avoid many of the things that hurt them a bit last year.

Also keep in mind the quality and maturity of the group over the last few years. At least, from what I saw, they sure weren't having any issues there--and seems to have gradually risen each year.

Personally I am seeing them staying in the 6-8 group at worst--would like to see them move up, but who knows... Granted that may not be taking into account the high talent level of all of the groups out there.

Just my opinion! But then again, we won't really know what happens until finals night anyways, will we... 😉

D

BK can move up or down. I loved them in 2015. They had a universal appeal to many but 2016

Meh... I need to see the 2017 show to see if they recapture that 2015 magic...