2017 PREDICTIONS!

On 5/5/2017 at 4:14 PM, Tobias said:

Hmmm, as far as Cadets, the new fundraising guy who was with Crown the past three seasons posted on FB today that he was at camp last weekend and was "blown away by the Brass book" so not sure Cadets are in a downward trajectory. Time will tell but I think Cadets are poised to push back into a more typical Cadets ranking this season.

No idea about the Cadets trajectory but this new fundraising guy better have sold a bunch of candy. 

On 5/5/2017 at 2:14 PM, Tobias said:

Hmmm, as far as Cadets, the new fundraising guy who was with Crown the past three seasons posted on FB today that he was at camp last weekend and was "blown away by the Brass book" so not sure Cadets are in a downward trajectory. Time will tell but I think Cadets are poised to push back into a more typical Cadets ranking this season.

You can find it said "I as blown away by the brass book" about every corps out there. 

7 hours ago, dans said:

Wow. Talk about jumping to conclusions. How in the hell do you know that this isn't an objective thought? Do you know this man? Have you discussed his statement with him? Geez folks!

Because it's not an objective thought. Duh!

6 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

You can find it said "I as blown away by the brass book" about every corps out there. 

so? What's your agenda here? 

he has an opinion and put it on his fb page - I think that's ok!!??

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

My agenda is simple - to say just because someone says something doesn't mean diddly. End of. Of course he can say what he wants, just as I am and you are, and is everyone on this forum. I said that up and down (preseason) about Madison and SCV last year. That I thought they were both going to move up the ranks. Obviously, I was right about one and dead wrong about the other. So, it doesn't mean diddly.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

fwiw I like the book too.  very meaty -- even for the cadets.  and the Mass score at times can be deceptively challenging.

i was not blown away by the brass. frankly they were a wee bit of mess in the technical passages. but lots of mitigating factors (long hiatus, new staff, etc...).  but hey -- ST could cure all of that.

we shall see what we shall see. 

7 minutes ago, corpsband said:

fwiw I like the book too.  very meaty -- even for the cadets.  and the Mass score at times can be deceptively challenging.

i was not blown away by the brass. frankly they were a wee bit of mess in the technical passages. but lots of mitigating factors (long hiatus, new staff, etc...).  but hey -- ST could cure all of that.

we shall see what we shall see. 

Well they were a wee bit of a mess in the technical passages in early season 2014 so that's not so alarming. We all knew who won a much deserved brass trophy that year. I love Bernstein's Mass, so I am excited about the rep they have this year. I'm just not sure about this eight person vocal ensemble. 

35 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Agenda? 

Seems there are some really closed loop types here in the DCP. 

15 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Well they were a wee bit of a mess in the technical passages in early season 2014 so that's not so alarming. We all knew who won a much deserved brass trophy that year. I love Bernstein's Mass, so I am excited about the rep they have this year. I'm just not sure about this eight person vocal ensemble. 

i think i was a careful  to indicate my observations were just a snapshot.  didn't pronounce impending doom! 

i'm not so sure about their approach to the material thematically.   imho there were lots of opportunities to connect the original intent with more contemporaneous ideas but... we shall see.

as for the choir,   i have no idea.  clearly they're going to be technically much more than competent.  but until we see the whole production on the field...who knows?