2017 PREDICTIONS!

9 minutes ago, hammondbrass said:

Blue Stars were closer to PR and BK than the 3 corps below them in 2016 finals. 

7 Blue Knights

8 Phantom Regiment

9 Blue Stars

10 Crossmen

11 The Academy

12 Boston Crusaders

Yup. And they lost a ton of staff & members. This year I expect a different result with Crossmen & Boston leap frogging them leaving Blue Stars and The Academy vunerable

It's only a hunch / predition. I hope all the corps have fantastic summers and I really enjoyed BS last season. 

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Yup. And they lost a ton of staff & members. This year I expect a different result with Crossmen & Boston leap frogging them leaving Blue Stars and The Academy vunerable

It's only a hunch / predition. I hope all the corps have fantastic summers and I really enjoyed BS last season. 

Who lost a ton of staff and members?

1 hour ago, hammondbrass said:

Blue Stars were closer to PR and BK than the 3 corps below them in 2016 finals. 

7 Blue Knights

8 Phantom Regiment

9 Blue Stars

10 Crossmen

11 The Academy

12 Boston Crusaders

I believe that Blue Stars will be just fine, but who knows, lots of movement could happen.

9 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I agree we will see BAC move ahead, certainly higher than 12th, possibly as high as 7th and I'd have no complaints if they placed higher, though the new staff may need to have a season working together to expect higher than 7th. Based on last season and off season chatter there's no reason to believe that Crossmen will not do at least as well as last year though the strengths or weaknesses of  Phantom could present a challenge here. Regarding Blue Stars, I don't put too much stock in what I hear until I see a show. After 2012, the prediction was it would take two or three years to make finals again, 2013 disproved that theory and in 2014 their show's creativity caught people by surprise. 2015 was going to push them ahead, it plateaued early. 2016, Wagner would be iffy, it was one of the most moving musical moments of the season. So with Blue Stars it's wait and see. Academy is still a wild card for me, most likely a finalist, but not a guarantee. Madison is the key here. A stronger Madison puts someone in jeopardy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I don't know how many members they lost, but the staff changes don't seem severe. Their brass arranger left, but they brought back someone who works well with their other designers and who arranged their highest scoring shows of all time. They lost they percussion arrangers but replaced them with the caption heads from the past few years. All other key members of the staff are back. That seems pretty stable to me. 

1 minute ago, mcjordansc said:

I don't know how many members they lost, but the staff changes don't seem severe. Their brass arranger left, but they brought back someone who works well with their other designers and who arranged their highest scoring shows of all time. They lost they percussion arrangers but replaced them with the caption heads from the past few years. All other key members of the staff are back. That seems pretty stable to me. 

They didn't have more or less than those around them.   Crossmen had some visual changes, Madison Scouts as well, and Boston Crusaders sure had an overhaul.  

And yeah, on Frank Sullivan it's more of homecoming.......I'm not worried.  Something tells me the brass book is pretty awesome :ninja:

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

They didn't have more or less than those around them.   Crossmen had some visual changes, Madison Scouts as well, and Boston Crusaders sure had an overhaul.  

And yeah, on Frank Sullivan it's more of homecoming.......I'm not worried.  Something tells me the brass book is pretty awesome :ninja:

I agree with DrumManTx on this... Blue Stars are in capable hands with Frank Sullivan there, imo.

1. (tie) BD and SCV, even though this could never happen due to that stupid GE rule

2. Cadets

3. Cavies

4. Crown

5. Bloo

6. BAC

7. BK

8. Madison

9. Colts

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. PR

• Like 3