2017 PREDICTIONS!

I really think we're looking at a crapshoot in aug. Yes, BD is leading but Crown, Bloo, and SCV are very close. Bloo and SCV have the most appealing shows, look for one of them to ###### up the gold.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 10:43 PM, Liahona said:

OKAY....I've been called a realist...lol...So I thought I'd go back and see what everyone that has posted predictions has really thought about where they think Boston will place this coming summer...and here are the results (unfiltered):

MEAN        9th

603/66 predictions = 9.13

MEDIAN        9th

66 + 1 / 2 = (33.5) rounded to 34th number

MODE        9th

Data Set:

4th    I = 1 time 

(Damonallred)

5th    II = 2 times 

(TroopAlum12,trudy) 

6th    III = 3 times 

(Glenn426,MelloEvan,Cainan)

7th    IIII IIII = 9 times 

(George Dixon,brassdude6171,Tim K,BoaDci,selbywill,sagemode67,cadet93,Poppycock,corps8294)

8th    IIII IIII = 9 times     

(Jurassic Lancer,cjf20,MikeRapp,noahsigs,Vdad76,Beckham,Tobias,777hornman,PRphan72)

9th    IIII IIII IIII III = 18 times 

(Cappybara,Narrow,Alcubierre,mcjordansc,GREENBLUE,mj3004,20XXMM,PamahoNow,snare_guy_83,aLittleBird,
general_tsos_chicken2,jwillis35,patrick643,johnpendell,imcbdit,CadevilinaCrown,Shewhois,littlejaw)

10th    IIII II = 7 times 

(wever34,Diddlefly,friendwhale,ilovecheese,ripchops,DCIphotographer,ExPitster)

11th    IIII I = 6 times 

(Clutchtow,CaviesFan17,gentle123,msumello,tesmusic,subcritical)

12th    IIII I = 6 times 

(UKSuperman,jimthetuba,madalumni,mjoakes,Mikey408,TheDCIpilot) 

13th     IIII = 4 times 

(shofmon88,BassClefTristan,corpsband,henry7184)

14th    1 = 1 time      

(wesleyrp)

* Note - Some posters made several predictions. The most recent prediction is used in these situations/calculations. Predictions made in this thread only have been included. If Boston was not listed in a top 12 only list then 13th position is used for these calculations. 

Definitions:

mean   - The mean is the average of the numbers.
median - The median is the middle value.
mode   - The mode is the value that occurs most often. 

LQQKS like DCP is fairly REALISTIC in their placement prediction of 9th for Boston...but what do I know?...oh and BTW....The over hype top 6 people DO NOT out weigh the realists. :)

i'm going to put my two cents in a say I hope the blue devils go for the gold, they always produce the top of the line, perfect show.

nobody can even compete 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Alcubierre said:

i'm going to put my two cents in a say I hope the blue devils go for the gold, they always produce the top of the line, perfect show.

nobody can even compete 

Except Bloo, Crown, and SCV.   And perhaps as early as next year, BAC too!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Alcubierre said:

nobody can even compete 

Even though I highly agree, I wouldn't say it too loud, all the Anti-BD people will let you know why you're wrong and why BD should be in last place 

• Like 7

Nah, Devil in Blue will most likely take the Gold. No matter what kind of show they do, they make it look great and they strive for perfection like nobody else in the activity, no offense to any other corps of course, but BD are truly a machine.

As for the trucking thing, I'm a professional driver myself, many years experience, and even own my own truck now. 

As for the hours of service, once you start the clock, you can drive 11 hours and you have a window of 14 hours to.do it in. The 11 is not an issue, it's the 14. Once you start the clock, after 14 hours, you have to take a complete 10 hour break before you can drive again. 

Say you get to housing site at 5am. Trucker can drive again at no earlier than 3pm. Some of the bigge shows, lesser corps get the earlier time slot. Leave show at midnight, trucker has until 5am. Better hope you can get to the next site in 5 hours. I imagine to accommodate for this, trucks should be loaded early and let trucker go to site ASAP. Feed the kids their snack as soon as they can, pack up that truck and let the trucker go. Uh-oh, parking lot is so packed, trucker can't get out. Screwed! Trucker makes it 80 miles from next housing site and has to stop at 5am and take a 10 hour break. Trucks don't get there til 5pm next day.

Or u can get to show site at 5pm, let trucker get 8hour split - break, which is legal. Can leave at 1am and have plenty of time. Gonna be tricky.

Or you can have team drivers for both trucks. I don't know about others, but one year I got paid $1500 for the entire summer, and the next year I asked for $3500. That's really not a real paycheck for a class A CDL. Many corps can't just afford renting a semi and then paying a driver $1100/week, much less 2 per truck. And it's hard to find drivers as it is. Corps who have truck drivers who work for a stipend or just donate their time are extremely fortunate. And I don't think I could live in a truck with another person for 11 weeks straight!!! And not many others can or will. Unless a husband and wife team perhaps.

As an owner op, with a new truck and high expenses, if I were to be approached by a corps to contract myself and my truck for the season, I would have to charge like $1000/day to be comparable to current market conditions during the busy summer time. Most corps cannot afford this unfortunately.

Of course, if I end up becoming a large company and get rich out here, I could just end up donating a truck and driver. 

But as of right now, I really hope this ELog mandate doesn't cause issues for DCI. It will certainly affect the way I'm able to operate in the trucking market. I predict it will end up causing some problems. 

FYI, bus drivers have slightly more lenient hours of service rules than truckers, which doesn't make sense because they're hauling around a lot of people.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

4 hours ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

FYI, bus drivers have slightly more lenient hours of service rules than truckers, which doesn't make sense because they're hauling around a lot of people.

...and don't they only just require a Class B license with the passenger endorsement as well?

1st: SCV - All they need to do is clean, clean, clean and I truly believe they will get the gold!

2nd: BD - Easily weakest visual content I've seen from BD in recent years.

3rd: Crown - With solid brass and improved percussion, this corps can do incredible things even with a mediocre design.

4th: Bluecoats - Tilt 4.0. Well rounded corps. I just believe crown performs better with what they have.

5th: Cavies - Another solid and fun show from the green machine.

6th: BAC - Wow, such an improvement, they really sound more like the Cadets than the cadets themselves this year!

7th: Cadets - Oh George...

8th: BK - dare I say TOO esoteric?

9th: Phantom - Honestly have not gotten a good read yet but I have heard that their brassline is weaker.

10th: Blue Stars - A very nicely executed BOA show.

11th: Crossmen - Sorry...

12th: Mandarins - Will there be a new trend of a first time finalist corps claiming a finals spot every year?

13th: Madison

14th: Colts

15th: Academy

16th: BDB

17th: Troopers

18th: Spirit

19th: SCVC

20th: Genesis

21st: Pacific Crest

22nd: OC

23rd: Cascades

24th: Music City