2017 PREDICTIONS!

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

How can you not like what they did? That's curious.

i still won't bet against Blue Devils. Regardless, this may well be the best fourth place show in DCI history.

Right now, though I don't agree at all, it appears Coats will be left out. But when this show moves to an indoor arena, with 40,000 people cheering, you never know what impact that will have. The ballad disappears outdoors; Indoors, it will resonate around the stadium as the closer to Into the Light did.

BD

SCV

Crown

Coats

I don't have a problem at all with "what they did." The folks they acquired were probably going to depart Cadets and Crown more sooner than later, anyway. 

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

I don't have a problem at all with "what they did." The folks they acquired were probably going to depart Cadets and Crown more sooner than later, anyway. 

You said,

"6-BAC  -dont like what they did ,not good for DC. but  better than Cadets"

In an activity as tightly knit as drum corps, you are inevitably going to see people move from one corp to another. It's the nature of the situation. The bigger corps have to anticipate that this will happen and make sure they are always growing their depth, and also being a destination for younger stars at smaller corps looking for a larger stage.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

You said,

"6-BAC  -dont like what they did ,not good for DC. but  better than Cadets"

In an activity as tightly knit as drum corps, you are inevitably going to see people move from one corp to another. It's the nature of the situation. The bigger corps have to anticipate that this will happen and make sure they are always growing their depth, and also being a destination for younger stars at smaller corps looking for a larger stage.

:doh: That was a quote I took from somebody's prediction post. Not my own. I think what Boston did was brilliant. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

I think what Boston did was brilliant. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, afd said:

Nice try. If BD's has the weakest visual content then why in 2nd? Makes no sense.

Because they are still doing well in all captions. Even weak visual for BD is relatively strong.

3 hours ago, ConJam said:

I will say, though they do not March a lot in the show, their is a LOT of choreography that goes very unnoticed, and that has to go with the progression of DCI. In my opinion doing dance choreography while playing is just as difficult.

I see where you're coming from, this may be true, but in my experience there is not much if any choreography that compares to playing sustained phrases and marching a 4 to 5.

8 hours ago, 777hornman said:

1 SCV -like the Crown victory year DCI likes to share. 

2-BD best on the planet. not this year

3-Bluecoats -clean ,clean ,clean

4- Crown bad guard and design move them to 4th

5-Cavies -all alone here

6-BAC  -dont like what they did ,not good for DC. but  better than Cadets

7-Cadets -Bad design again , bad design again , Bad design again . Those dresses are terrible. 

8, BK - weird design again , weird design again ,weird design again . This is the Hot dog / bathroom slot. 

9-Crossmen  -squeeze past Phantom . Clean Music side of sheet.

10-Phantom . weak brass. 

11, Blue Stars - good brass . 

12, Mandarins - WELCOME 

Please explain this silly comment;  exactly why is this not good for D.C. ?  And once you are done, explaining,  further explain if was as bad for ANY other org that hired other staff from other orgs.  Was it bad for D.C. When SCV hired former staff?  Is it bad what ANY corps hires staff who WILLINGLY depart a corps they were with?  WILLINGLY!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad if YOU don't like it.  Things change.  D.C. Changes and change is good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Please explain this silly comment;  exactly why is this not good for D.C. ?  And once you are done, explaining,  further explain if was as bad for ANY other org that hired other staff from other orgs.  Was it bad for D.C. When SCV hired former staff?  Is it bad what ANY corps hires staff who WILLINGLY depart a corps they were with?  WILLINGLY!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad if YOU don't like it.  Things change.  D.C. Changes and change is good.

OK since you asked. DCI CORPS cannot sustain these staff outrageous staff salaries. The only reason these staff members went to BAC was because they tripled their salaries.

DCI is a very small group. Staffs jumping corps for money ?  Is it OK for members to jump corps if they were to get paid? If you remember staffs  went for the money once before with the MAGIC from ORLANDO.  So it does not surprise me. It is  just not good for Drum corps to have staffs leave org.they have been part of for money. This is not the loyalty DCI teaches its members so why is it OK for staff members ...IT IS NOT .   CHANGE IS GOOD agreed.But this is not a staff member. THis was a overhaul and gutted Crown and Cadets. 

49 minutes ago, 777hornman said:

This is not the loyalty DCI teaches its members so why is it OK for staff members ...IT IS NOT .   CHANGE IS GOOD agreed.But this is not a staff member. THis was a overhaul and gutted Crown and Cadets. 

DCI does not teach members to be loyal to one organization. Members leave and join new corps all the time. And then you act as if corps are entitled to their staff's loyalty passed what they're paid for. No, Its more healthy for staff to be happy to know they can leave for better opportunities if they find them. 

Edited by Narrow
  • Like 2

It is going to be a west coast party is all I know!  BD 1st SCV 2nd or SCV 1st and BD 2nd or BD and SCV both 1st Crown 3rd.  Mandarin will make Finals so us folks here in California (San Francisco bay are for me) are loving it.  I am pulling for a SCV win because it has been so long, but a BD win would not make me unhappy!  I just wish I could be there in person.  Oh well.  WEST COAST!

Edited by jmc5682