2017 PREDICTIONS!

12 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yeah, the prevailing thinking here on DCP is that Carolina Crown has replaced their departed staff with at least as equal, if not better, staff than they have had there at Crown .As such, quite a few posters have predicted Crown either moving up from third, or even winning it all again this season. I'm a little less sure of this, but then again, I'm not as close to CC as these others are on here who are assessing how good they are sounding and looking at their camps.

Hard to get a better guard staff than the one now at Boston.     Not sure how you could upgrade it.   They do seem to have put together a good team to replace it.  I just think their drill will be significantly better.  Add to that a great brass line, improving percussion and I like their chances.  

In any case I see everyone predicting things so followed the herd!  Moo!

12 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yeah, the prevailing thinking here on DCP is that Carolina Crown has replaced their departed staff with at least as equal, if not better, staff than they have had there at Crown .As such, quite a few posters have predicted Crown either moving up from third, or even winning it all again this season. I'm a little less sure of this, but then again, I'm not as close to CC as these others are on here who are assessing how good they are sounding and looking at their camps.

I'd say Crown is out of medals this season - but that's only based on math. 3 spots - BD is a gimme. Does 1 spot go to Coats or will they follow the recent non-BD pattern of 1st to 4th/5th? So either 1 or 2 spots left. SCV gunning for one big time. Cadets gunning for 1 big time - and they know how to win. Cavaliers gunning for 1 big time and they know how to win. I think Crown in 4th and Cadets in 5th or so. Maybe SCV into medals with BD/Coats. But obviously we'll know much more when we see the shows and how well prepared these corps are. They will all be extremely talented this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, imcbdit said:

Hard to get a better guard staff than the one now at Boston.     Not sure how you could upgrade it.   They do seem to have put together a good team to replace it.  I just think their drill will be significantly better.  Add to that a great brass line, improving percussion and I like their chances.  

In any case I see everyone predicting things so followed the herd!  Moo!

They lost Tom - not sure that lines up with "improving percussion" - it will still be their lagging caption IMO

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

They lost Tom - not sure that lines up with "improving percussion" - it will still be their lagging caption IMO

I guess it depends if their young caption head and his team are up to the task.    Wasn't CWP his baby?  They were lights out good.  It was sad to see them disbanded out of nowhere. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, imcbdit said:

I guess it depends if their young caption head and his team are up to the task.    Wasn't CWP his baby?  They were lights out good.  It was sad to see them disbanded out of nowhere. 

more to that CWP story... leave it at that

the Crown percussion story is an interesting won. Their 2009 line is still my favorite

Edited by George Dixon

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I'd say Crown is out of medals this season - but that's only based on math. 3 spots - BD is a gimme. Does 1 spot go to Coats or will they follow the recent non-BD pattern of 1st to 4th/5th? So either 1 or 2 spots left. SCV gunning for one big time. Cadets gunning for 1 big time - and they know how to win. Cavaliers gunning for 1 big time and they know how to win. I think Crown in 4th and Cadets in 5th or so. Maybe SCV into medals with BD/Coats. But obviously we'll know much more when we see the shows and how well prepared these corps are. They will all be extremely talented this year.

I'm gonna say SCV Medals, and Cadets are going to be much improved, but I have not idea where any of these corps will land.  Too many changes in the off season.  Honestly, I think this will help SCV and Cavaliers move up.  I'm not sure why Bloo would drop too far, they're not one hit wonders, but I can't wait to see how they put that music together into a program.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm gonna say SCV Medals, and Cadets are going to be much improved, but I have not idea where any of these corps will land.  Too many changes in the off season.  Honestly, I think this will help SCV and Cavaliers move up.  I'm not sure why Bloo would drop too far, they're not one hit wonders, but I can't wait to see how they put that music together into a program.

I don't consider Coats "one hit wonders" either. Felt they should have been second in 2015 in addition to winning last year

I guess it comes down to math - how many corps can we fit into the top 3? No one said there would be math! 

:) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I am sure if this has been discussed to depth, but what do y'all think cadets are going to place? I have a feeling cavies and cadets will be duking it out all season. 

I could see anywhere from medaling to 7th.  From the program to the staff it all to me has the possibility of going really well or meh.  They're one that makes it hard for me to predict.  The team they have put together has tons of potential and the show material could easily be adapted and knocked out of the park for now.  Just gotta see how it's put together and how well they work together under that one roof.  There' tons of talent above and below where they were last year.  Who knows.  I'm that way with Carolina Crown too, those two are the reason I'm not posting a prediction.  It's very fluid right now.  I see someones show announcement.  Boom.  Changed.  I eat some bad local Tex Mex.  Boom.  Me and it changed.  I'm leaning towards the positive side but not QUITE up to medaling again right now but we shall see.  

• Like 3

To be completely frank here, I have major questions up and down the line here on every Corps in DCI... and without exception.. lol

The good news is that some of these questions are about to be answered where they always are.. on the field of competition ( with the scores and the placements ) and in the stands ( with the national audiences )... and soon enough.

Edited by BRASSO