2017 PREDICTIONS!

1. SCV- I think the years of rebuilding was the cake and getting Micheal Gaines is the cherry on top. 

2. Cadets- I like what I'm hearing and sounds like a home run design. Improved guard and stellar percussion combined with a cohesive design gets them back to Cadets. 

3. BD- Although I think their style is getting very stale, the cream of the crop talent keeps them in top 3. 

4. Crown-Loss of top guard staff and members causes a drop. Great talent but you don't lose that caliber staff without a dip for a year.

5. BLOO-Hard to stay up top after winning. BD is the only corps that seems to be able to.

6. Cavies-great but so are the ones above.

7. BK

8. Boston- great changes in staff.

9. Crossmen

10. PR

11. Academy 

12. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

1. SCV- I think the years of rebuilding was the cake and getting Micheal Gaines is the cherry on top. 

2. Cadets- I like what I'm hearing and sounds like a home run design. Improved guard and stellar percussion combined with a cohesive design gets them back to Cadets. 

3. BD- Although I think their style is getting very stale, the cream of the crop talent keeps them in top 3. 

4. Crown-Loss of top guard staff and members causes a drop. Great talent but you don't lose that caliber staff without a dip for a year.

5. BLOO-Hard to stay up top after winning. BD is the only corps that seems to be able to.

6. Cavies-great but so are the ones above.

7. BK

8. Boston- great changes in staff.

9. Crossmen

10. PR

11. Academy 

12. ?

My only major issue with this is your train of thought that Crown drops one spot because of major staff losses, but Bluecoats drop four spots after a third home run show in a row that won?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

My only major issue with this is your train of thought that Crown drops one spot because of major staff losses, but Bluecoats drop four spots after a third home run show in a row that won?

And total staff retention.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

Well Crown "may" drop a bit with the staff change in guard. As far as Bloo, I was just looking at Cadet 2011-2012, Crown 2013-14. As I said, only BD seems to maintain ranking after a win but it's only predictions based on a season that hadn't even begun so....

4 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

And total staff retention.  

And Cadets had total staff retention after 2011 (and that staff won many gold medals) but fell to 4th and Crown after 2013 had total staff retention and fell to 5th! 

Last time I checked Bluecoats were not in fact Cadets or Carolina Crown, we really don't know how they'll come off a championship.   So lumping them in with what mistakes other corps made doesn't make a lot sense.  They very well could drop, but they have every single thing going for them they possibly could so they'd just really have to screw up the show to drop to 5th or 6th.  

I am not saying they necessarily win again but I also don't see a huge drop bearing a dud of a show.   It's okay, people have been saying for 3 seasons now "there's no way they'll be able to follow Tilt/Kinetic Noise/Down Side Up up"!  Yet they keep doing it.  

They are in my medals until they show me otherwise.  

• Like 8

1 SCV/Crown

2 Crown/SCV

3. BD

4. Bloo

5 Cavies

6.Cadets/pr

7 PR/cadets

8 Bk/blue stars

9 blue stars/bk

10 Madison

11crossmen/bac