2017 PREDICTIONS!

8 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Last time I checked Bluecoats were not in fact Cadets or Carolina Crown, we really don't know how they'll come off a championship.   So lumping them in with what mistakes other corps made doesn't make a lot sense.  They very well could drop, but they have every single thing going for them they possibly could so they'd just really have to screw up the show to drop to 5th or 6th.  

I am not saying they necessarily win again but I also don't see a huge drop bearing a dud of a show.   It's okay, people have been saying for 3 seasons now "there's no way they'll be able to follow Tilt/Kinetic Noise/Down Side Up up"!  Yet they keep doing it.  

They are in my medals until they show me otherwise.  

Predictions are just fun speculative critiques based on past occurrences and really nothing more SO I think looking at trends of gold medalist corps the year after is as valid as your "feeling" that Bloo won't falter. Bloo may replace BD as the new dominant powerhouse and win for the next 3 straight years! Who knows. But we thought that of Crown and it was 5, 2, 3 after their first win so....

• Like 2

1. United States

2. French TGV

3. BlueCrown

4. Cadetcoats

5. National Security Agency

6. Eurostar

7. QueenBey

8. We Are The Future

9. f(x) = 3(x-9) - 2

10. Millau Viaduct

11. Unisphere

12. Amtrak Avelia Liberty

Personally, I think Millau Viaduct will come out and surprise everyone.

What will most likely happen:

1. Blue Devils

2. Bluecoats

3. Santa Clara Vanguard

4. Carolina Crown

5. Cadets

6. Cavaliers

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Madison Scouts

(13. Academy)

What I want to see happen:

1. Santa Clara Vanguard

2. Carolina Crown

3. Blue Devils

4. Bluecoats

5. Cadets

6. Cavaliers

7. Boston Crusaders

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Blue Knights

10. Blue Stars

11. Madison Scouts

12. Academy

(13. Crossmen)

55 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

1. United States

2. French TGV

3. BlueCrown

4. Cadetcoats

5. National Security Agency

6. Eurostar

7. QueenBey

8. We Are The Future

9. f(x) = 3(x-9) - 2

10. Millau Viaduct

11. Unisphere

12. Amtrak Avelia Libermoty

Personally, I think Millau Viaduct will come out and surprise everyone.

Sorry, your picks for the Preakness were as accurate as your Derby picks. Better luck at the Belmont.:laughing:

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I can't tell what's more bold: 

Cadets in 7th or BD in 3rd

I'm not sure Blue Devils placing third is bold unless there is a wide point spread between first and third. Crown in first or second is somewhat bold in my opinion. While momentum does seem to be with SCV, in 2014 momentum was with Crown, BD's "Felliniesque" did not seem promising to many after "Rewrite of Spring" and they ended up with a record breaking score and a show even the most anti-Blue Devils person could not help but love.

Cadets in 7th may not be all that bold. if the folks who claim Cadets know how to win, talent always finds its way to the Cadets, and kinks in design have been rectified and new staff lives up to the reputation of previous staff members, 7th will be unlikely and medal contention will be a possibility. If those who claim the problems are not design or talent, and the issues are more internal, 7th may be accurate. And for those who have written off Cadets, remember "Toy Souldier" (5th in 2010) preceded "Angels and Demons" and a quick glance at Corpsreps will show Cadets out of contention one year and roaring back the next.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

1. United States

if so, its great to see the United States back on top again... lol

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I'm not sure Blue Devils placing third is bold unless there is a wide point spread between first and third. Crown in first or second is somewhat bold in my opinion. While momentum does seem to be with SCV, in 2014 momentum was with Crown, BD's "Felliniesque" did not seem promising to many after "Rewrite of Spring" and they ended up with a record breaking score and a show even the most anti-Blue Devils person could not help but love.

Cadets in 7th may not be all that bold. if the folks who claim Cadets know how to win, talent always finds its way to the Cadets, and kinks in design have been rectified and new staff lives up to the reputation of previous staff members, 7th will be unlikely and medal contention will be a possibility. If those who claim the problems are not design or talent, and the issues are more internal, 7th may be accurate. And for those who have written off Cadets, remember "Toy Souldier" (5th in 2010) preceded "Angels and Demons" and a quick glance at Corpsreps will show Cadets out of contention one year and roaring back the next.

When is the last time BD placed below 2nd?

As long as that staff remains intact, BD placing below 2nd is going to be a bold prediction every year 

Edited by Cappybara

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

As long as that staff remains intact, BD placing below 2nd is going to be a bold prediction every year 

Without going to Corpreps, my guess is the last time Blue Devils placed below 2nd was at prelims in 2015, granted that involved a penalty. In finals, ten years ago, st least. A great staff, talent, and the bonus of an anniversary makes 1st or 2nd likely. That being said, what I thought was the bolder prediction was Crown being in the top two and this's why I said the scores would have to be close.

3 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Without going to Corpreps, my guess is the last time Blue Devils placed below 2nd was at prelims in 2015

If you're counting ANY shows (i.e. not just finals),  I believe the last time they finished below 2nd was at San Antonio last season, where they took 3rd.

30 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

True. The Blue Devils are the Gold Standard in DCI Drum Corps. Its dominance of a competitive youth activity is unprecedented in any other competitive endeavor or competitive youth sport found anywhere else in the world.

The last decade, ( 10 years ) the Blue Devils have never failed to either win DCI or finish as Runner Up.

The Blue Devils in over 40 years of DCI competition have only placed lower than 4th place, once. BD has 17 DCI Titles ( more than double any other DCI Corps ) and an astounding 8 Runners Up finishes to boot. Thats a domination of a medals finish like no other. As a result, we start off each season thinking which of the other Corps will receive 2 of the 3 medals, as its pretty much now a lock that the Blue Devils are going to get one of the Medals 95% of the time.

Edited by BRASSO