2017 PREDICTIONS!

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

I wasn't saying that is how it's done.  I've listened to the podcast and know how it's done.......never mind.  

I get what you are saying though....I guess the word "perfection" and getting a perfect 20 are two different things.  I think we can all agree nothing is EVER perfect.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I actually just watched a high cam of Felliniesque........I'm kind of in between but if a 20/20 was strictly defined as perfection they didn't deserve one in color guard/visual analysis because there are, and we're talking INCREDIBLY minor for the most part, a few blips in the rifles (I found an over rotation and a drop or two) as well as some incredibly minute spacing stuff towards the end.  Maybe in content a 10 but achievement would be a 9.95 max if a 10 was strictly perfect in every way.  So I think part of it was numbers management and they were just that much better than 2nd place in all the subcaptions but it's also one of the absolute best constructed, performed, and effective shows I've ever had the pleasure of watching, it's almost certainly in my top favorite shows of all time.  I definitely think it deserved its score.  

I agree probably the best scored show ever. The problem was the judges scored too high starting with Crossmen. If they could have given BD the spread they deserved over the second place corps in any given caption BD could have won with a 100.3 or something. Since 20 is the max, that's all they could do. Poor numbers management that night. That's what some people don't seem to understand. All subsequent scores are based off how a given judge scores the first show of the night.

34 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I get what you are saying though....I guess the word "perfection" and getting a perfect 20 are two different things.  I think we can all agree nothing is EVER perfect.

This. Yes, they got 20s merely because they had no room to go. For example, the 2nd place corps in visual analysis was Bluecoats, with a 19.7. Then when BD came on they were at least 0.3 better, but the judge had no room beyond 0.3 and had to give them a 20.

They are too different things, and people often associate 20 with perfect, when it isn't. 

It is absolutely impossible for 150 not to make several errors over the course of an 11.5 minute program, however small.

It's seems the guard judge was the only judge that was good at numbers management that night.

Edited by henry7184

Simply, BD 2014 was more than 2 points better than the next corps. Their score does not indicate the perfection level of their show or it's execution, it's an indication of just how much better they were than every other corps that year

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, afd said:

Let's get the current Prez and Republican congress to reverse the top score of 99.65.

Politics, schmalitics,... lets leave the donkeys and the elephants out of this thread. Lord knows, the D.C.  " gummint " never reverses course on anything there.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, afd said:

Let's get the current Prez and Republican congress to reverse the top score of 99.65.

Rewriting history is their hobby after all

7 minutes ago, afd said:

Don't do that to those kids. That'd be messed up and unfair on so many levels.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Politics, schmalitics,... lets leave the donkeys and the elephants out of this thread. Lord knows, the D.C.  " gummint " never reverses course on anything there.

I know. We have enough issues to deal with such as BAC and Cadets duel. And BD not moving fast enough for some.

• Like 2

What would be the effect of simply eliminating score caps during the championships? This would mean a judge could score over 20 in a caption, and over 100, but only for the last show of the year.