2017 PREDICTIONS!

21 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Very interesting that when 99.15 was the measuring stick, or when BD popped a 99.05 in 2009, never recalled hearing about judges needing to manage their numbers etc. As soon as BD demolished that record, now it's an issue. I wonder if we kept 99.65 but gave that score to Crown, willing to bet this wouldn't be an issue. 

I understand what you are saying because BD has become the Kentucky/Duke/Alabama of the DCI world, but I would complain on that score no matter who scored it.  It's almost the same unobtainable score just like high scores in gymnastics or ice skating are.  They are judgmental scores done by imperfect people - us!  They are not something we can look at with definitive knowlege (scoring the most points or goals within a time limit) and say - see that.  I believe the explanation that is most plausible was one given to us earlier that said BD was x amount of points better than the second place score.  

• Like 4

My hope is that SCV brings home some hardware once it's all said and done. This is the first time in a long time that SCV has kept up (right around mid-season) with the top 3. Either way, it's a great time to be a drum corps fan.. Some amazing shows and equally entertaining story lines.  I look forward to this time of the year and immersing myself in everything drum corps; reading the forums, checking scores, and watching streams.

• Like 4

First time commenting on this season, and in quite a while anyways.

I've seen some of the shows. Not very impressed with many of them, except for maybe SCV. Their show has traction, it just seems too helter-skelter. Seems like a down year for the creative juices. I'm just not getting anything. If I were to put together a list of the best written programs in the last 15 years, Frameworks would still top the list, and nothing from the last 5 years would even make my top 10 except Crown 2013. I'm really disappointed. Maybe the activity has changed too much, or maybe I have. I yearn for the type of shows 1998-2005. Dci is finding a new era, they will start to get it.

I think compared to this season, last season had some really good shows. And last year did have some decent, refreshing programs. Every single corps last season in the top 12 had shows I could really get into, except for phantom. This season, not enjoying it too much. 

I think the positions they are ranked at this moment July 16th is how it will end up at Finals. 

Blue Devils win with a measly 97.00

Congrats SCV will finally get a medal first time in a long time. 96.6

Crown 3rd with a 95.8

Cadets end up 7th with a 92.25. What is wrong with this corps?? Did they just keep losing the battle for talent to others? Show design? Both? This show idea is just way out there. 

I'll make a prediction that Hop will retire and hand the reigns off to someone with a vision who can keep this group relevant in the future.

I'll also make a prediction for next season, that we might see logistical nightmares for corps with electronic logbooks being mandatory for truck drivers starting in December. I know for myself, when I drove the truck for a corps a couple of summers, there were indeed times when I had to cheat the logbook to make sure the instruments etc got to where they needed to be. What's gonna happen when a driver runs out of time and can't legally move for 10 hours or it's an automatic fine and on record? No getting around it. 

41 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I've seen some of the shows. Not very impressed with many of them, except for maybe SCV. Their show has traction, it just seems too helter-skelter. Seems like a down year for the creative juices. I'm just not getting anything. If I were to put together a list of the best written programs in the last 15 years, Frameworks would still top the list, and nothing from the last 5 years would even make my top 10 except Crown 2013. I'm really disappointed. Maybe the activity has changed too much, or maybe I have. I yearn for the type of shows 1998-2005. Dci is finding a new era, they will start to get it.

I think compared to this season, last season had some really good shows. And last year did have some decent, refreshing programs. Every single corps last season in the top 12 had shows I could really get into, except for phantom. This season, not enjoying it too much. 

I think the positions they are ranked at this moment July 16th is how it will end up at Finals. 

Crown 3rd with a 95.8

Cadets end up 7th with a 92.25. What is wrong with this corps?? Did they just keep losing the battle for talent to others? Show design? Both? This show idea is just way out there. 

I'll make a prediction that Hop will retire and hand the reigns off to someone with a vision who can keep this group relevant in the future.

I'll also make a prediction for next season, that we might see logistical nightmares for corps with electronic logbooks being mandatory for truck drivers starting in December. I know for myself, when I drove the truck for a corps a couple of summers, there were indeed times when I had to cheat the logbook to make sure the instruments etc got to where they needed to be. What's gonna happen when a driver runs out of time and can't legally move for 10 hours or it's an automatic fine and on record? No getting around it. 

My father is a truck driver and can legally drive for 14 hours a day as long as he takes 15 for lunch. I'm not sure where you're getting 10 hours a day...he has to have a 48 hour reset after so many hours, but he still makes it everywhere in time and normally did the reset where he delivers. I don't see it becoming an issue honestly. 

Wow! the 5 top scoring corps are within 2 points of one another.  That's a crap shoot! Any of those corps could win given the right circumstances and judging panel.

On 7/15/2017 at 8:57 AM, Barneveld said:

20032077_1217285911732029_12024865932127

Before I get the lecture about not comparing scores between shows......... I understand that. But since someone took their time and effort to produce this info, I felt it was my duty to share it.

Love to see that Phantom had the biggest jump of anyone :)

5 hours ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Crown 3rd with a 95.8

To each their own, I personally think the era of shows that you mention you long for, including frameworks, were way too visually oriented. I think we've struck a nice balance 

5 hours ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Have extra drivers on the payroll?