Recaps are up on DCI.org

As I understand it, DCI now allows judges to adjust their scores after a subsequent corps performance. If so, a perfect score assignment with corps remaining isn't such a big deal.

(this is why scores were announced in larger chunks this year)

You are correct...completely forgot about that. "Back in the day" that didn't happen.

If it doesn't mean perfect then what does it mean?

It means that much better than the next best score.

As in, he gave Crown an 9.8 in achievement and he feels that BD is two tenths better than Crown.

However, I have read on DCP over the past few years that judges can in fact change their scores within a given block of corps. if so, he presumably could have dropped Crown to 9.7 and given BD a 9.9.

And I saw two drops in Crown's show last night at Finals. Maybe the judge did too, and that affected his scoring.

And I saw two drops in Crown's show last night at Finals. Maybe the judge did too, and that affected his scoring.

I could be wrong..but I don't think a drop here or there effects the numbers being put down on the sheet at the highest level...the most that could be argued IMO is that they didn't achieve a flawless performance....i.e. the Bluecoats guard members last rifle catch at finals...

I could be wrong..but I don't think a drop here or there effects the numbers being put down on the sheet at the highest level...the most that could be argued IMO is that they didn't achieve a flawless performance....i.e. the Bluecoats guard members last rifle catch at finals...

Well, if two guards perform shows the judge feels to be equivalent in content, and one guard has one drop while the other has two...

• Like 1

Well, if two guards perform shows the judge feels to be equivalent in content, and one guard has one drop while the other has two...

No such thing as a flawless performance , just one who achieves the highest number allowable.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

100 does NOT mean perfect. Never has.

So what happens if the next guard was to be better than the "max score" you had just given the previous corps? Do you award them with 100? Even though they could be better? Or do you award them a 10.01 and break everything good known to man?

So what happens if the next guard was to be better than the "max score" you had just given the previous corps? Do you award them with 100? Even though they could be better? Or do you award them a 10.01 and break everything good known to man?

You go back and adjust your scores (e.g. give BD a 99 and the next guard 100). Also remember the judge is evaluating achievement in the context of the written book. So a hard varied book that is slightly less clean than a simpler book, will score higher in achievement.