Classiest Moment of 2016 Season

All the corps (save a few, who didn't want to break rank, which I have zero problem with), clapping for Academy when their score and placement was announced. I think a few, such as BD, subsequently clapped for every corps thereafter when their scores were announced too.

• Like 6

In a very different way, I thought SCV was very "classy" in their retreat. With no negative feelings towards the members of Blue Knights, Crown, or any other corps, I found the stark contrast amazing. As members of the Blue Knights were dancing on the field and Crown members took selfies, SCV had a very traditional march onto the field line by line and stood absolutely still during the announcement of awards. I'm sure one or two other corps did similar things, I just didn't notice-- and again, no negativity to the corps that were less formal!

• Like 5

I think DCI is classy because of the hundreds of instances cooperation between corps.

One I know about happened Sunday.

Before leaving town, The Academy's van that pulls the atv trailer ran up to Lebanon to pick up a couple of Troopers mothers stranded by Uber, took them to the airport, then went back downtown to pick up a Cadet and her volunteer mother so they could help make the drive back to Tempe.

• Like 2

All the corps (save a few, who didn't want to break rank, which I have zero problem with), clapping for Academy when their score and placement was announced. I think a few, such as BD, subsequently clapped for every corps thereafter when their scores were announced too.

I thought the ovation Academy got in retreat which included members from other corps on the field was pretty classy. Or just awesome.

I originally considered this to be a "welcome to the club" applause, but I think that's too elitist to accurately describe it. It felt more like just a simple "Great Job, guys! Glad you're here with us!" kind of thing.

Or maybe I'm just being sentimental. Regardless, the applause went on for the longest time to just accentuate the point and it felt great to be there and witness it.

• Like 1

Easily, the classiest moment was when Crown and BD applauded Bluecoats for winning.

• Like 2