Caption Awards

Caption Awards  

99 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer the caption awards are determined?

• By averaging the caption scores of each night of quarterfinals, semi finals, finals. This is what we currently have.
    • By using scores from Saturday night finals only ? whoever wins the caption on finals wins the caption award.

I don't really care however, I don't like them being announced throughout the scores announcement. This is certainly one area where going back to the 70's (announcing caption awards AFTER all the scores) would seem to be the way to go! However, since the score and placement they receive Saturday are based on Saturdays scores, I would prefer we limit the caption award winners to Saturday night. As a member, I could give a rats if I won Brass, Visual, and Guard, but came in friggin 3rd.

I feel badly for Crown because of how it appeared to be going!

The reality is that many of us who were paying attention to the caption wins through finals week were confident that Bloo had pulled it off BECAUSE Crown was dominating the performance captions from a 3rd place spot. It was obvious once SCV had claimed percussion and BD had none to claim. The captions indicated that the closest competitor (BD) had not faired well enough in the finals performance to overcome Bloo GE.

Well, looking at the poll, it seems that it is a vocal minority that wants caption awards determined on finals night only.

I only voted that way because someone asked the question. Otherwise, I wasn't even considering the issue.

Still don't understand the interest, based on the results this year.

I only voted that way because someone asked the question. Otherwise, I wasn't even considering the issue.

Geez, dude, it's called "talking about drum corps in the off season". Get out of here and stop #####ing if you don't want to talk about it.

• Like 1

I, for the life of me, can't figure out why this is being discussed at all. Caption wins at finals this year (apart from GE, which has been a relative lock for the champs all year) have been as inconsequential to the outcome as they can be...

I could understand if the winner outperformed the captions of the caption winners on finals night... but no one seems to be contesting Crown's, SCV's and Bluecoats' wins in these departments...

So what's the fuss?

Omg get over it. It's something to talk about.

Will you give it a rest? Jeez people are just discussing. No need to get your panties in a wad about it.

If the winner is decided by one night then the captions should.

Uh -- no. When that homer judge disses your corps who could have won, it'll all be "we need averaging".