Staff merri-go-round

I can understand his leaving Madison after the betrayal he suffered there.

"JUDAS!!!! Do you want a beverage? Try the mulled wine... it's terrific!!!"

• Like 4

says the expert of what exactly?

The churn and burn rate of YEA staff hasn't even been a well kept secret - the world knows about it because George tells the world that they always need replacements for the people who just left.

I can't imagine a professional Board who'd sit by and watch the turnover rates of employees YEA has in the office and not start to wonder why they can't retain good people. That's nothing specific to YEA's BOD - it's a general note for any non-profit Board.

Edited by Slingerland

Jay is out

Jeff is not returning

Colin is out

Gino looks to be out

Sully who knows

Marching guys I guess left after Florida

I am hearing that the guard people are out (least confident about this one_

And yes, the YEA board is basically a board only in that it exists. It doesn't function with the fiduciary duty that such a body legally should.

• Like 1

Jay is out

Jeff is not returning

Colin is out

Gino looks to be out

Sully who knows

Marching guys I guess left after Florida

I am hearing that the guard people are out (least confident about this one_

And yes, the YEA board is basically a board only in that it exists. It doesn't function with the fiduciary duty that such a body legally should.

Incredible SMFH.

• Like 2

They aged out 65 last year, per a GH post yesterday. 40 this year.

The claim that a contending corps is "young" is dubious.

Contending corps are never young... although many members may often be 'new' to the group. Contending corps are always aging out large populations and bringing in new, experienced members. They tend to keep an average age on the upper side of the limit... 19-20, many of them are music majors.

So even when a contending corps ages out 30+... they will be replaced with transplant age-outs and vet age-outs... not 16 year olds. That's become fairly universal.

Edited by cfirwin3

Not quite sure why some people are so surprised. It's not like this stuff has not been rumored for decades. But the thing is, Cadets were winning and at or near the top for decades so GH could do what he wanted. But now that the bloom is off the rose as they say, things will be different, and not necessarily for the better. Most corps are not BD who hold a staff forever. I have always believed change is good. Guess we will see in 2017.

• Like 1

The claim that a contending corps is "young" is dubious.

Contending corps are never young... although they may often be 'new' to the group. Contending corps are always aging out large populations and bringing in new, experienced members. They tend to keep an average age on the upper side of the limit... 19-20, many of them are music majors.

So even when a contending corps ages out 30+... they will be replaced with transplant age-outs and vet age-outs... not 16 year olds. That's become fairly universal.

Not exactly dubious. Those "transplants" have to learn a completely different style of marching, get used to the staff's way of doing things and other "logistics" that come with moving to a different corps.