Staff merri-go-round

#band

Seriously though, I've heard a lot of this bad stuff second-hand for many years. I think it is decently easy to look past because at the end of the day, the kids were getting a "Cadets quality" experience even if the employees weren't. Given what I've heard about some of this summer's happenings, I'm not so sure that is true any more? (All second-hand info, also.)

It's an ugly situation and as an alum, I hope that we can clear the air and get back to trying to figure out how to be magnificent. George, if you're out there, there are literally thousands of us who will help however we can. We have some very talented alums who could be worth far more to the organization than the check that you are asking for twice a week.

:)

• Like 1

The sad part about this whole thing is how people seem to be taking pleasure in this. The situation of the staff leaving based on the actions and attitude of one man is completely devastating, and given the influence Cadets have had on this activity, in my opinion, this news should not be taken lightly. But I forgot where I am. DCP sometimes can be a deep abyss full of hate and vitriol. Instead of meaningful suggestions or solutions, you get immature jokes and pleasure for the failing of a drum corps. Yet in the same tongue, you get people wishing certain corps were still in existence.

I certainly was sympathetic in my post, but it seems like it got buried. Whenever something happens with Cadets you're always one of the first on my mind, I want the best for them and for you as an alum.

This pops up every year, and it seems like it might be coming to a head and I hope they can get it worked out so it can be put to rest once and for all.

• Like 2

The sad part about this whole thing is how people seem to be taking pleasure in this. The situation of the staff leaving based on the actions and attitude of one man is completely devastating, and given the influence Cadets have had on this activity, in my opinion, this news should not be taken lightly. But I forgot where I am. DCP sometimes can be a deep abyss full of hate and vitriol. Instead of meaningful suggestions or solutions, you get immature jokes and pleasure for the failing of a drum corps. Yet in the same tongue, you get people wishing certain corps were still in existence.

I'm really glad someone said this. I really have no dog in this argument about Hop(other than the fact that I'm tired of hearing about it), but this situation is definitely not something to be happy about.

Trust me when I say I don't wish this on anyone and it saddens me that it got to this point. Many people including myself have been caught in the crossfire and we love the corps and the kids.

• Like 1

This is sounding potentially horrible if there's an impasse to getting and retaining quality staff. A toxic environment will become a "stay away" situation fast given the speed of the Internet. It'd be a horrific thing to see Cadets fall into a Spirit of Atlanta type situation. No one wants that

• Like 1

#band

Seriously though, I've heard a lot of this bad stuff second-hand for many years. I think it is decently easy to look past because at the end of the day, the kids were getting a "Cadets quality" experience even if the employees weren't. Given what I've heard about some of this summer's happenings, I'm not so sure that is true any more? (All second-hand info, also.)

It's an ugly situation and as an alum, I hope that we can clear the air and get back to trying to figure out how to be magnificent. George, if you're out there, there are literally thousands of us who will help however we can. We have some very talented alums who could be worth far more to the organization than the check that you are asking for twice a week.

:)

I'm right there with you Sam.

I certainly was sympathetic in my post, but it seems like it got buried. Whenever something happens with Cadets you're always one of the first on my mind, I want the best for them and for you as an alum.

This pops up every year, and it seems like it might be coming to a head and I hope they can get it worked out so it can be put to rest once and for all.

To me, it's more than just the Cadets as a whole. It's more about cultivating relationships and building bridges instead of alienating people. I can certainly understand why someone wouldn't want to work for a person who does not value them. And I agree that something needs to change. But change has to be meaningful change and not just change for change's sake.

I'm really glad someone said this. I really have no dog in this argument about Hop(other than the fact that I'm tired of hearing about it), but this situation is definitely not something to be happy about.

It's more sad than anything especially given how many drum corps have folded over the years.

• Like 1

I'm not sure it's that simple.

At face value, I don't think anyone is reveling in the misery of others. I haven't seen any posts to that effect at least. I do think it's human nature for folks who've been burned or who've had friends burned to smirk a little. no one is happy that this is happening to the Cadets, but it's more than fair to say folks may think George might be reaping a bit of what he's sewn over the years. And that's not unreasonable at all.

Don't sweat the jokes. Humor is humanity's way of lightening a situation. if it bothers you that much, turn the computer/iPad/mobile device off and go have a beer.

225bf3890bde96ee5fd18faad2cce05b.jpg

• Like 4

. I'm not an alum but I support the corps in a few ways. I've done some crying the last few days and now, I just have to laugh. The Cadets will survive this but it's going to be a little painful. I know this pain. I'm a lifelong Cubs fan. Look where we are now.
  • Like 4

I'm not sure it's that simple.

At face value, I don't think anyone is reveling in the misery of others. I haven't seen any posts to that effect at least. I do think it's human nature for folks who've been burned or who've had friends burned to smirk a little. no one is happy that this is happening to the Cadets, but it's more than fair to say folks may think George might be reaping a bit of what he's sewn over the years. And that's not unreasonable at all.

Don't sweat the jokes. Humor is humanity's way of lightening a situation. if it bothers you that much, turn the computer/iPad/mobile device off and go have a beer.

225bf3890bde96ee5fd18faad2cce05b.jpg

Ugggh I hate beer. Maybe I'll have a screwdriver instead lol...

• Like 2