Staff merri-go-round

i thought crown and boston were just in it for the combined food order thing? only xmen were actually run by YEA.

Yeah (or YEA), I didn't mean to imply "run by" by using "a part."

That said, I thought it was more of "a part" than just combined food ordering, but I could be wrong.

Crossmen and Spirit spent time in there as well... correct?

I get nervous for growing or rejuvenating world class corps that operate under the umbrella of a big brother. It may save some from a certain kind of ruin... but it seems to just replace one bad circumstance for a less obvious one. It works if your corps is Blue Devils B or C.

That's why I hope Academy can get a bright, competent arranger on board in place of Klesch in the coming years.

Magic not spirit.

With that being said, what do we expect from a community that has an annual post feasting on the job loss of others? It makes me wonder how many members have actually spent time with any of these professionals and their spouses and their children and have the ability to see them as actual human beings and not pieces and your little name of the fantasy football league.

Not all situations involving staff loss are negative situations or full of drama. Sometimes its mutual, sometimes its because the personal life of an arranger or designer pulls them away, sometimes the corps wants to move in a new direction. When Key Poulan stopped arranging at SCV 5 years ago and Shaw came in, everyone saw it as SCV upgrading a part of their staff that was relatively weak. Poulan continued to arrange for SCVC and began arranging for the mandarins. There was no bad blood. And many times this is closer to how it goes.

Its called a merry-go-round because its often a shuffle. Unless a person did something ethically wrong to get themselves fired or if they are retiring, they'll probably find work at a different corps. Arguably this could help elevate a non-g7 corps.

I dont think people celebrate people losing their positions at different corps, but most corps dont retain their staff like BD. Shakeups happen. Its only "feasting" because its somewhat exciting.

Golly. If this all comes to pass, it's huge. It would be time for the board to start to chime in.

Board is basically, in name only.

It is completely unknown at this time, who on the current Cadet/YEA BoD.

HIGHLY disagree there. Klesch's work was a major part of Academy;s success this year.

I say keep him (he IS staying) and build off that.

I don't want to be misunderstood...

They absolutely benefited from his involvement.

I just want to give them the credit of being capable to rise to the top if they choose. It's not easy to do until they have their own bright arranger with complete and exclusive loyalty.

Magic not spirit.

Thanks wasn't sure.

Yeah (or YEA), I didn't mean to imply "run by" by using "a part."

That said, I thought it was more of "a part" than just combined food ordering, but I could be wrong.

you may be right -- dont really remember the details -- just that it happened and then crown and BAC bailed out pretty quick.

Board is basically, in name only.

It is completely unknown at this time, who on the current Cadet/YEA BoD.

The first sentence is your opinion.

The second sentence only reflects your viewpoint.

I can't verify the first, but I can certainly refute the second.