Staff merri-go-round

Of course, Hop doesn't help with the cryptic (in this scenario) FB post:

Don't cry because it's over,

Smile because it happened

Dr Seuss

George Hopkins is a cerebral, reflective, and expressive person. I don't do Facebook, but that entry sounds like it was addressed to members at the close of a long and difficult season.

• Like 2

I am not talking about The Cadets or YEA....I am talking about people bringing up individuals and accusing them of ridiculous nonsense.

Then scroll back through the multitude of pages and arrive at your own conclusion instead of asking and challenging what people are telling you. That way the bad comments you are referring to will be reviewed by you without any undue influence of others.

No...not the off season. There seem to be some people with questionable sources and integrity spreading untruths about people they don't know.

I can tell this bothers you a lot... so would you care to share with us who on DCP you believe " has questionable integrity and is spreading untruths in a malicious manner on people they do not know " ? Perhaps then we might be able to know where you are coming from on this quest of yours. You can contact this site's moderators on any poster(s) you might have a complaint on.... are you aware of this ?

Edited by BRASSO

6th place is not failing. I think Hopkins has been a little myopic when it comes to the Cadets program and creation. The Blue Devils let Chandler take over ( at least have more free reign??) a bigger role starting with 2007 and it put new life in their shows.

Did Chandler "take over"? Or is it more collaborative, more purposely collaborative than it had been?

Then scroll back through the multitude of pages and arrive at your own conclusion instead of asking and challenging what people are telling you. That way the bad comments you are referring to will be reviewed by you without any undue influence of others.

Thanks...I have already done that. I am not worried about the influence of any others. I am referring to one rumor about one person that is ridiculous, silly and malicious.

AND...don't forget about the REPORT button...although I have not personally used it once since I joined DCP in 2008...and was a lurker for years before that even...

Lots of interest in the apparent discord at Cadets. Sure, personality and ego problems have always been part of drum corps at every level. I just get the feeling, the bottom line here will be financial troubles. If so, and the organization is scaled back, I wonder if this predicament would also affect Cadets2. Cadets2 have built something good in DCA.

That's a rumor floating too but I don't know how true it is

• Like 1

AND...don't forget about the REPORT button...although I have not personally used it once since I joined DCP in 2008...and was a lurker for years before that even...

There seem to be some unfortunate rumors circulating on this thread. Some people using names and accusing people of doing things. What's going on?

I meant to address my above comment to BLMartin661...

No they weren't. YEA approached them and when it was clear YEA wanted to take (strip) elements from Boston, Boston rejected them.

We're both right! I googled and found an announcement dated 10/28/97 that the corps formed an alliance with YEA, as George was to join Dennis DeLucia in designing the show. Director Cronin seemed thrilled.